WebCast: Cerebral AVM Surgery

http://www.or-live.com/unitedhospital/2149/

ill be there to see that!!!

“Stephanie Becher, from Oakdale, Minnesota, started having seizures, not classic grand mal-style seizures, but more a strange feeling she can only describe as “intense déjà vu.” These are characteristic of seizures that originate in the temporal lobe Kennedy explains.”

Sounds mighty familiar! My AVM was in my left temporal lobe and I had those “intense déjà vu” feelings for a few years before my surgery. No fun!

I actually have Andrew’s first surgery on dvd and I’m waiting for the second one to get here. It’s pretty crazy watching the thing that has made our life hell be plucked out.

Thanks Kristynn, if I’m home from the hospital, I’m going to watch it. I’ll be going through it myself soon.
I’m going in tomorrow, 4-14-09 for pre-op and the 16th I’ll have angio/embo. I’ll know more about the craniotomy after the embolization.
Watching the preview made me sick, I can’t believe I have to go through that. I don’t know, I may not watch it, but thanks for the option. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Peace,
Ameenah

Well Kristynn I watched it, my embo didn’t go so well so I wanted to see something that would convince me to say hold up to the surgeon LOL. I think this did it LOL. I’m trying to get a second opinion from Jefferson and I’m hoping that they can do something less invasive. I wish my embo didn’t cause me another stroke and I wouldn’t be back in contemplation mode right now. Thanks for the video, it was very interesting.

Peace,
Ameenah

Thanks for that video. My AVM was in the right temporal lobe too. I just had my 2nd surgery April 10th and am now AVM free. I also had two gamma knife radiations that were a waste. I too had those type of seizures that I also described as a deja vu. They made you feel insane. Glad to know Im not alone in having felt them. The video was an amazing thing.

It’s amazing how much technology has brought us. Thanks for the link!

That was so amazing to watch! Thank you for sharing that link with us, Krystynn. Imagine…22 hours of surgery! Kudos to that doctor and his staff!

Also, kudos to all the doctors who have worked many, many hours on a lot of us here! =) I know I have great respect for all the neurosurgeons that worked long hours so we could be healthy.

Connie T said:

That was so amazing to watch! Thank you for sharing that link with us, Krystynn. Imagine…22 hours of surgery! Kudos to that doctor and his staff!