March 2010 AVMSurvivors.org Newsletter

AVM Survivors, Friends and Family,

I hope this message finds you well. In 2 years since it was started, this little community of our’s has become the #1 AVM support community in the world. Those who were diagnosed before this web site existed remember how lonely that was. Now thanks to all the wonderful people who have joined, anyone who finds our site realizes that they are not alone. We’re in this together and we’re here for your support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THIS ISSUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Welcome New Members
  2. AVMSurvivors.org Reaches 1600 Members
  3. TAAF Walk, SF, May 8th 2010
  4. How to Help
  5. New Country Groups
  6. Local Meetups

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Welcome New Members

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this community is for those who need help to get support from those who’ve been there. If you need help, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Please don’t be shy about reaching out to the members as a group or to one individual member whose condition is similar to yours. The community is amazing and you’ll find the support you are looking for. Welcome!

8. AVMSurvivors.org Reaches 1600 Members

Just a few months ago, we reached the 1000 member milestone. We are now at 1600 members and growing daily. Our community continues to grow only because of your compassion and words of encouragement to each other. Thank you.

9. TAAF Walk

The 5th annual TAAF walk has been scheduled for May 8, 2010. Last year, this community raised $11,000. This year, we hope to double that.

We’ll be raising money for The AVM and Aneurysm Foundation by walking and by selling T-shirts. T-shirt design contest will be announced soon.

10. How to Help

11. Write about your experience.
  12. Welcome new members.
  13. Tell the world about us.

More ways you can help.

14. New Country Groups

By special request, we have created a few geographic groups so that members living in Europe, Australia, or Canada can get in touch with each other.

15. Local Meetups

Member Daniel is organizing a bbq in Houston so that members can meet each other in person. This is a great idea; feel free to create an event in your city.

Warmest Regards,

Your Community Moderators,

Alicia, Ben, Connie, Gordon, Hanne, Ninibeth, Pauline, Ron, Scott, Shalon

Thank you all…the website has been a great help!

My pleasure. We’re here so no one ever feels alone again.

I think Daniel’s BBQ in Houston is a wonderful idea…wish I lived down there! lol

Daniel and I had a great time meeting all of you and sharing stories and life with you! Thank you guys for the continued support of my husband, you guys are a blessing to him and to me!