I am AVM FREE!

I have just returned from Stockholm where I had my post operation angiography which showed that there is nothing left and I am finally AVM FREE. The question that I have now is whether or not to stop the pill that I take for seizures "Trileptal".

I am very happy for the results.

Congratulations!! :slight_smile:

Congrats on the AVM Free status! That’s great :slight_smile:

Congratulations........that's wonderful news!!

As to the meds, I would ask you doctor before doing anything!!

Congrats!! yahoo!!!

Way to Go!

A followup EEG in a year or so will show if you still have spikes or not. Or they can just ween you off.

Best wishes,
Ron, KS

Congrats!!! Talk with your doctor about the seizure pill. Wishing you the best of luck!

Elena,

That is very awesome news! I am so happy for you!!

As for your medicine, I wouldn't just stop it, you may have to taper off of it in order to stop talking it. You must ask your doctor about it. Just stopping some medications can be devistating.

Wonderful news Elena!!!!!!!!!

Kim

CONGRATS ON BEING AVM FREE. KIND OF MAKES YOU FEEL LIBERATED HUN!!! AS FOR THE MEDS I WOULD REALLY TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR BFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES. ONE STEP AT A TIME. SO HAPPY FOR YOU. HOPE U DID A LITTLE DANCE WHEN THEY TOLD YOU I KNOW I DID. AND I WAS IN A HOSPITAL BED THEY DID MINE THEY DAY AFTER SURGERY. SO I GUESS I WAS A LITTLE DOPED UP. I HAD TO ASK THE NEXT DAY WHAT THE TEST RESULTS WHERE BECAUSE I COULDN’T REMEMBER. LOL !!! THE DOC EVEN SAID I DID A LITTLE DANCE I WAS SO EMBRASSED.

Congrats on becoming avm free!!!

Elena, congratulations! That’s the best news you could ever hope to hear!

Congratulations Elena! I’m so happy for you! As for the anti-seizure med, please don’t try to stop taking it until your doctor agrees. I actually cut back myself and had a seizure. So don’t try that! Again, congratulations!

A huge CONGRATS to you - woo hoo!!! These are the success stories we all hope and pray for :-))))

Woo hoo!! Yippee!!! Now go join the sub-group sucess stories on this site!!! Yay!

Wow, you go girl!! Awesome!!!

Thank you Kayla for your wishes. Good Luck with your second embolization.

Kayla Teays said:

Congratulations!! :)

Thank for the advice.I will definetely consider it Thank you again

Louisa Cicillini said:

Congratulations Elena! I'm so happy for you! As for the anti-seizure med, please don't try to stop taking it until your doctor agrees. I actually cut back myself and had a seizure. So don't try that! Again, congratulations!

Congrats!!!:):)that’s fantastic!!

Wonderful! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on being AVM free!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet you are just beyond excited :)

As for the medicince I wouldnt do anything till the Dr's decide if its safe to get weaned off of them.