Help - Recovery from Paralysis

Charles / Dan,

It’s great to hear from you. And I’m glad you’ve posted in Zahra’s thread as you’re reminding me of her brother. Zahra: I always hope the best for your brother but I hardly dare ask.

Charles,

I think you’ve got the toughest deal. To be so ill and to have the state and the insurance company not helping you is really bad. You have every reason to be down about it. But do you know what? Recovery comes from within. I know you need support and you need to know the right things to do but if you’re going to get better it’s going to be you being determined to beat this thing that will make it happen. I also know it is difficult to have that determination when the road has been so long and the progress almost imperceptible. What can I do to help you but try to drive your determination? So that’s what I’m trying.

I watched an amazing film back in February called My Amazing Brain. It sets out the recovery of a gentleman from a stroke. I don’t know if you can access a version of it that will play in the US but look for a version of it that you can access. It is Richard’s determination that carries him through, I think, aided by perfect healthcare.

Withing you all the very best.

Richard

2 Likes