Driving again?

So I had my surgery and the AVM removed almost 1 year ago. It has been a long year, but I try not to sweat the small stuff. How do you know when to try driving again??? When I was first released I would see cars swerve into our lane, but there was nothing there, so I knew I was not ready. It was been a long time since that has happened. How did you know when YOU were ready?

Hi Nancy! I had to take a driving test to get my license reinstated…about a year I guess. I passed…but I’m still VERY cautious and don’t go too far;) I know what you mean about seeing things that aren’t there…happened a couple of times to me too STRANGE You just need your confidence back!! Sounds like you’re about ready…be careful:) carolyn

Hello Nancy. I hope this day is as good as it can be. You are contemplating driving? Wonderful! Have you done so yet? I believe if you feel it, do it. (At least worth a try.) Get a sitter. Grab the hubby or a friend and go slow and easy. No driving restrictions ? No problems with meds? No imaginary vehicles? Try it. If it does not feel right at first, try it again. Just the thought of it makes me happy for the possibility for you! You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Be good to you. Take care of you

I believe every state’s DMV is different. Some do require testing after seizures and/or craniotomy.