Book Reviews

Hi Everyone,

We encourage you to recommend any book you loved reading. If you have one, kindly indicate the name of the book, author or maybe write a brief description about the book through the comments of this post. If you can add the link about the book, that would also be cool!

Thank you very much!

Scott

SUGGESTIONS:

Ben's Friends Recommendation:

We're In This Together: Stories & Tips from Patients with Rare Diseases

This book is a compilation of patient tips and stories to help others patients and loved ones get through this difficult time in life. Ben’s Friends is a “little Internet miracle” and we plan on continuing for many more years.

To help others locate the ebook easier, don't forget to give the ebook a 5-star rate review in Amazon. Strong positive reviews like 5-star bumps up the ebook in Google search results. Thanks!

Ron Kansas Recommendation:

The Feeling Good Handbook

This book helps you: free yourself from fears, phobias and panic attacks; overcome self-defeating attitudes; discover the five secrets of intimate communication; put an end to marital conflict; and, conquer your procrastination and unleash your potential for success.

Elysha's Recommendation:

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Much more than simple principles and platitudes, the book takes readers on an inspiring spiritual journey to find their true and deepest self and reach the ultimate in personal growth and spirituality: the discovery of truth and light.

Debra's Recommendation:

By Jill Bolte Taylor: My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey

Jose Pizano's Recommendation:
Rebooting My Brain: How a Freak Aneurysm Reframed My Life [Paperback] [2012] (Author) Maria Ross

Ninibeth's Recommendation:
Head First!: You're Smarter Than You Think

Did you know that you only use 1% of your brain? In Head First, Tony Buzan, the foremost expert on creativity and the brain and the inventor of Mind Maps, shows you how to tap into the rest.

Susan K's Recommendation:
Let Me Die Laughing!: Waking From The Nightmare Of A Brain Explosion

Megan Timothy has worked many years as a Hollywood actress and screenwriter. She rafted down the Mississippi and canoed the Amazon. At 56, she rode her bike 10,000 miles around Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. In 2003, a brain aneurysm left Megan unable to communicate. Let Me Die Laughing! tells of that experience and her road to recovery.

Karen's Recommendation:

A Bomb in the Brain: A Heroic Tale of Science, Surgery, and Survival

Traveling through Nicaragua, freelance journalist and former UPI editor Fishman was unaccountably stricken with a brain hemorrhage. After suffering excruciating pain, Fishman checked into a New York hospital where tests revealed an arteriovenous malformation; he was then, after surgery, diagnosed as having epilepsy. His account is an effective blend of medical history and current practice; the author skillfully shifts from detachment to intimacy as he recounts the impact of illness and medical wizardry on himself, his family and friends, and his doctors.

Patti's Recommendation:

Don't Leave Me This Way

Don't Leave Me This Way is the funny, inspiring, profoundly moving true story of a woman's fight for her life and dignity—and her determined quest to awaken an entrenched, unfeeling medical community to the fact that there's always a human being inside every patient.

Hi, our very first Ben's Friends ebook We're In This Together: Stories & Tips from Patients with Rare ... is now available at Amazon. If you got a minute today, kindly give a positive review to the book on Amazon to make it easier for other patients to find it.

Thanks a bunch!

Don't Leave Me This Way, by Julia Fox-Garrison
http://www.juliafoxgarrison.com/

Dear AVM survivors
It was 4 years ago I got my cerebral hemorrhage and found out it was an AVM in my left temporal lobe.
I´m an artist who mostly draw comics as a way to tell my tales. But the times as for when I was the most sick I couldn´t draw so I started to write instead, sitting in my bed. It became a novel that is based on my experience of my AVM.
As you know there is very little information and especially personal stories of this rare disease. And when you are sick you don´t have the energy to teach everyone in your environment about AVM. For me, it became so important to hear other peoples experiences of AVM. To see that you are not alone. And that is why Bens friends and AVMSurvivors.org is so very important.
I have published my project “Husby, Konstfack and a cerebral hemorrhage” at funded by me. It is a web page where people can present different projects to get help to finance it. I really want this book to get published this year, so that I can help people like myself. The book will be written in Swedish, but of course I hope that someday it will get translated into English so that all you guys can read it.
So please help me get the book done! Support my project and share this web page.
Thank you!!

https://www.fundedbyme.com/en/campaign/3572/book/?button=tile&from=browse#.U06lSlcf5pf