Avm

I am new to this site, I am scheduled for a crainiotomy on March 1st. My AVM is in the right temporal lobe. Does anyone have any experience with an AVM recovery?

Hi Michael. I did a search of right temporal lobe on this site...

http://www.avmsurvivors.org/main/search/search?q=right+temporal+lobe

As far as AVM recovery goes...it depends on the individual because every AVM is different. Feel free to look at my profile because I am one of the success stories on here.

I do hope your surgeon has had plenty of experience with AVMs. BTW...I just looked and right now there are 2761 members on this site. I think you will find plenty of support here!!!!

I also wanted you to know that I will say prayer for you on March 1!!!!

thank you for this site, very informative. Thank you for the prayer also!!!

Hi Michael, welcome to the site. As Barbara said every AVM is different and every individual is different as well. Recovery time is dependent on so many things: Location of AVM, size, length of surgery, etc. For me it was a very long process, but that’s because I had a major bleed and was in a coma for a long period of time. But, do look around on this site (and Barbara helped you out a little already). We’re all here to answer any questions you might have and to be a support system. Good luck to you on Tuesday and let us know how you are!

I've just had gamma knife surgery on my left frontal lobe AVM (last wednesday) and as a result I suffered 3 grand mal seizures on wednesday night and am now on anti seizure meds.

Just wanted to wish you luck, I hope everything goes smoothly and you don't suffer any side effects and recover well. I will say a prayer for you.

thanks Lena hope for the best for you also.

Hi Michael. Lots of us here will bethinking about you and your wife tomorrow!!!

Michael, my thoughts and prayers are with you, especially 1st March. We are all with you and your family in spirit and with support. All the very best!!

lesley, thank you very much !!! I am about to sleep, have to be at the hospital at 5:30. I hope things get better for you soon. I will be praying for you. Will have my wife update. Thank you again.

We Thank you very much.!!! She will update when I get out of surgery.

Barbara H. said:

Hi Michael. Lots of us here will bethinking about you and your wife tomorrow!!!

Thank you. my wife will update after my surgery and trust me I hope I dont have any major side effects too. I hope you do get better soon. We will pray for you.
Lena Court said:

I've just had gamma knife surgery on my left frontal lobe AVM (last wednesday) and as a result I suffered 3 grand mal seizures on wednesday night and am now on anti seizure meds.

Just wanted to wish you luck, I hope everything goes smoothly and you don't suffer any side effects and recover well. I will say a prayer for you.

Good luck!

Bless you, thinking of you.

Michael Stanfield said:

Thank you. my wife will update after my surgery and trust me I hope I dont have any major side effects too. I hope you do get better soon. We will pray for you.
Lena Court said:

Michael, good luck to you today. We’re all thinking of you. Looking forward to your wife’s update!