Where's Waldo?

Hello friends! Sorry I have not been a very good pen-pal lately! My computer is being repaired right now–I dropped it down a flight of stairs into a steel door. Three times. It still actually worked, but I thought it needed a check up before the warranty ran out. If you are looking for a really tough laptop, I would highly recommend an IBM. Three times down the stairs, knocked off the table so many times I lost count. One full bottle of wine spilled in the key board…The list goes on and on. I am moving next week to Michigan, and am trying to pack everything up while taking care of my two little girls who are out of school for the summer. They have so many demands, it is taking forever to accomplish anything. Ayanna, my oldest, is having her fifth surgery on her ears in a few days, so I am trying to get all the packing done before then. Hopefully this will be the last surgery, and she will be able to fully hear again when it is done. I applied to be a guest student in Michigan for my last year at school, and found out about three weeks ago that I was accepted, which is great news. I think most of you know how much I hate it where I am now, so this is really great news. I have family and friends there, which will really help. It has been terribly stressful going through this AVM thing without family around. My dad can help with the kids some, which means my husband and I might actually be able to go see a movie together now, too! I have been feeling great since school let out. WAY happier and less stressed out. I hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to catching up with everyone when I get my computer back. You are all very special and important to me, so please do not think that I have turned my back on the site, or my friends. I miss you all and will be back full-time, so to speak, once things settle down a bit. In sadder news, I don’t know how many of you heard about this, but Dianna’s sister passed away from cancer a few weeks ago, and she is devastated. They were very close, and Erin was very close to her aunt as well. I don’t know how often either of them are on the site these days, but I have spoken to Dianna, who is taking it very hard. I have tried calling Erin a number of times, but had no luck getting through. I know it would mean a lot to hear from you all, if you have not sent a note already. So many traumas in that family in such a short time…they are great people and my heart just breaks for them. Please include them in your prayers. I hope that everyone is doing well, and I keep you all in my daily thoughts and prayers! Wish me luck for the big move!
Your friend,
Marilyn

Marilyn, it’s really good to hear from you. I know how happy you are to be near family. I was in Jamaica last week working on a development project for the Ministry of Education (funded by USAID). I loved it and hope to do more of that work in the future. Hit me up later when you have time.