The countdown is on!

I have a date for my first embolization…May 25th. I am having the procedure done with onyx/lava, the neuro is hoping to only have to do one procedure. He says it’s difficult case and doesn’t want to have to go in if he can get it all at once. So he is saying it will take between 7 and 10 hours. I have been trying not to think about it too much because I feel overwhelmed when I do. I feel sorry for my family especially my children that have to wait so long to see if I will be ok. But at the same time I am very scared, I know that I have been blessed with a great outcome after my bleed so I think that I will be fine. I have faith that God will bring me through this just as well. It’s just hard to fight the human feelings of anxiety and anxiousness.
I was wondering if there was anyone that had any experience with the onyx? I have gone over the info with my doctor and read more on the internet but some stories of real people would be great. Just feeling like I don’t know what to expect and how I will be when I wake up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kelly

Oh Kelly don’t worry you will just sleep for some hours doctors will do their work after you will feel at little bit dizzy and after some hours you will start working foul engines and you will be great.Don’t worry at all you will take a good nap there your people will be praying for you and everything will work just fine.It’s another lifetime experience.God bless

Nikos

Hello, I was going to ask the same question because I haven’t done my first one yet so I will be waiting to see how yours go let me know. God Bless and I will be thinking about you.

Hi Kelly,

Best wishes with the embolization!

Take care,

Debbie

I was embolized with onyx too. I was not well off after it. I couldn’t deal with any type of light. A little nausea and very sleepy. I would say upon my discharge the pain was more than my crainiotomy. I hope that doesn’t scare you. I read that one of the side effects of the onyx was that you smell like garlic after. That made me laugh. I didn’t, but the nurses told me I did smell like sweet corn. Good luck and prayers that your embo goes smoothly. Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery. How many embos do the doctors think you will need? I was told 3-4, but only needed one.