Second Opinion!

I’m going to set up a little survey, where you can write a recommendation of your neurosurgeon/hospital and we’ll share it with the group.

If you want a good doctor I say dr Martin in UCLA California. He is the guy. I’m personally waiting to see him. He has done 400 avm surgeries an only lost (unfortunately) 2 people in surgery. He was also the guy on CNN that was called to talk about Liam neesons wife and about her head injuries. Not that that makes him a good doctor but seems like he knows what he’s talking about. Waiting to go back for my second visit

Hanne said:

Hi Gordon :slight_smile: I will certainly want a second opinion, but what to do if you live in a little midget country like I do and there is only two hospitals that know anything at all about avm and only one that actually do the final decision?
…and they have already decided they do not want to do more…

Could you send me the “list” of possible good surgeons in the US like we talked about yesterday?

Love my prince
Rapunzel xxx

If you want a good doctor I say dr Martin in UCLA California. He is the guy. I’m personally waiting to see him. He has done 400 avm surgeries an only lost (unfortunately) 2 people in surgery. He was also the guy on CNN that was called to talk about Liam neesons wife and about her head injuries. Not that that makes him a good doctor but seems like he knows what he’s talking about. Waiting to go back for my second visit

Hanne said:

Hi Gordon :slight_smile: I will certainly want a second opinion, but what to do if you live in a little midget country like I do and there is only two hospitals that know anything at all about avm and only one that actually do the final decision?
…and they have already decided they do not want to do more…

Could you send me the “list” of possible good surgeons in the US like we talked about yesterday?

Love my prince
Rapunzel xxx

I agree.I now took my second opinion after 3 years and the new doctor was the one that found to me a small disorder in the eyes and something ‘wrong’ in blood.Thinking of taking third maybe?

I was not told not to fly, but I know this before I knew I had an avm, flying did weird things to me and made me sick.

Some things that happened to me may have happened to any with or without an avm.

1. feet and ankles would swell

2. very dizzy and sick to my stomach

3. When the plane taxied down the runway I use to clinch my teeth tightly together because I felt really weird when the plane was going down the runway, fast.

I can not believe my avm was not discovered until after my first stroke, I had various symptoms through the years, I did not seek medical attention for all my symptoms.
Being sick to my stomach was a theme in my life, now I know why, at least I think I do, my avm was in or on my cerebellum, balance issues, enough to make you sick to the stomach.

You have to be your own advocate, doctors are people too.
Get more than one opinion and do your research.

Peace,
Ameenah