Ruptured AVM

It is great to hear a bit of progress. Very best wishes,

Richard

Hello Friends,

It will a Year on Mar 6 my wife had a ruptured AVM. Here’s the current update
We were in Texas Neuro Rehab in Austin from June 1 and she had her shunt infected and had to replace with the new one from then on the progress started. She started to write in on Sep 11 and she said she can see but she couldn’t talk and she was asking all sort of questions thru her writing.then around Sept 20 she started talking.

Here right arm has Hetero Oxification (HO) and her left hand and leg is paralyzed. Surgeon suggested not to do any surgery and recommended us to do physical therapy and now she can move her arm to eat, scratch her head/nose/eyes but still doesn’t have full motion still working on physical therapy.

We move to Centre for Neuro Skills on Jan 21 and she is doing good other than feeling sleepy but her short term memory is not here like roughly 10 years but she can remember things that happened 30 years back, now she smiles/laughs.

I am very sorry for not updating her progress

1 Like

Hey,

Its great to hear from you and you’ve got a lot to cope with, so its good you’re focussing on those things.

I hope your wife continues to make great progress. It sounds like she’s doing really well but it is a very, very slow thing.

Thanks for writing. Do feel free to focus on your wife and all of life’s challenges but if you ever need somewhere to come for support, we are here.

All the best to you both,

Richard

1 Like

Hey Ash,

Wonderful to hear from you and have an update on how your wife and you are doing (albeit I’ve seen this a little late).

You’re wife sounds to be making great progress and slowly but surely recovering her independence.

It was a year for me on 26th Jan, I saw my neurologist and talked about how I felt my progress plateauing. He told me that a year is relatively nothing. Apparently plenty of room for progress and it can suddenly improve alot unexpectedly. Especially in regards to neuro-fatigue apparently he has seen several cases of patients years later returning to relatively “normal” energy levels. Brings lots of reassurance!

Wishing your wife lots continued progress moving forward. You have alot on with supporting your wife and life in general, please don’t feel pressured to give regular updates. We are here for support anytime and it is lovely hearing from you :relieved:

Lots of hugs and wishes,

Corrine

Wow! So great to hear @ash007! Good on you for staying by you wifes side. :heart::heart::heart: :muscle: I’m so happy to hear of her progress!

Keep going
Sarah.

1 Like