Remaining AVM

The neurosurgeon in springfield that sent him on to SLU originally was Dr. Brenton Croger ? He seemed very good. Nice to see someone close to Joplin on here

Wow - thank you for sharing - gives me hope that even if he has a 2nd surgery he will still be fine :D

Above reply was meant for you - lol

Loma Linda, California

Hi Barb. I had an AVM malformation in the front right of the brain back when I was 25. It was successfully removed in one surgery. Ear to ear surgery and 36 staples. My doctor's nurse when removing the staples (much to my cursing and taking breaks from the pain! lol) said I should feel so blessed (which I did!) as there was another patient that was undergoing her FIFTH surgery to remove the rest of an AVM. That gal was FINE. I'm praying for Rupert's recovery and at 54 years of age and living fully I still work full time/play hard and live fully. Short term memory is still a bit of an issue but I don't make it one. I live in denial on that! I work for a finance company and have a very stressful job but pull it off as if I have never had an issue. I take notes!! That helps. I was a server for over 20 years and really didn't think I had an issue with the memory 'till someone pointed it out and I realized I had found ways to compensate for it and be successful in everything I set out to do.

Keep up the great job of being Ruperts mom and we look forward to hearing that get it all this surgery around!! XOXOXO Katy

94-MeandRyderTday2014.jpg (66.1 KB) 95-Halloween2010b.jpg (62.9 KB)

hi rubert, here are a few drs. names, dr. Hubert roomoff barth green dr. Robert heros from Miami, also dr. Kathleen c. best univ. of fla at health shands and a dr. Robert rosenwasser at phil. at Jefferson hosp. also call this upmc number is 1-877 ■■■■■■■■. I hope these could help you with the second surgery. god bless you and keep you. keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. sincerely Jacqueline a survivor of avm.

hi ruber, yesterday I sent you a message I misspelled the drs. name his name is doctor ROSOMOFF AND he is in Miami everything else was correct thanks jacquelinegood luck.