Preparing for Surgery

Very happy for you, I hope you continue doing great.
Best
Francisco

@jenifer

Really good to hear the positivity in your post!

It took me 1Ā½ to 2 years to stop listening to the sounds in my head, to stop worrying about the slightly odd feelings when moving my head, etc. However, whatever you can do to put all of this experience behind you and (in the words of my consultant interventional radiologist) ā€œjust resume normal lifeā€ would be a good thing. ā€œJustā€ is the simplest word! I think we all know how stupidly difficult that is but whatever it is that you can do to focus on resuming, on doing the things in your life that you want to do, do those things. Look forwards rather than back.

What I can say is that having successfully [faked?] the looking forward rather than back, having faked the ignoring of odd feelings etc, I feel a lot better than I did when I was still being distracted by them.

Good luck!

Richard

Great to hear the positive progress Jenniferā€¦we need positive reports here!! And yes I fully sympathise with the weird head feelings/pains and general paranoiaā€¦resuming normal life as far as possible is the way to go!

I am so happy to hear how well your surgery went and how recovery is going! For selfish reasons, reading this provides me with a sense of hope and serenity. I recently found out that I have a small unruptured AVM in my left occipital lobe. Waiting for appointment with Neurosurgeon (Cheif of Neurosurgery!) for an angiogram to come up with a game plan! Iā€™m an optimistic person but this news has definitely pulled the rug from under my feetā€‹:woozy_face::crazy_face:

Sending healing vibesāœØ

1 Like

HI Phoenix! Did you talk to the neurosurgeon? Or you are still waiting for the appointment?

Still waiting for appointment with neurosurgeon :person_shrugging: