My First surgery today

Hey Guys,

The day has finally arrived. Today at 7:00 am in NYC I will be having my first embolization and on Monday the 16th I will be having my craniotomy. It has been a couple of years since I was diagnosed with the AVM at 18 years old. I’m nervous yet anxious at the same time. I have faith I will be cured. The doctors told me I won’t be able to have kids unless my AVM is cured. I want to have kids some day. I’m 22 years old and I have my whole life ahead of me. I want to attend Medical school. I want specialize in treating and curing AVM patients. I have to pull through this and I know I will. I have always been a very strong young lady. Well I guess I should try and get some sleep. I thank you all for your support and taking time out to read the post. It has been my therapy session lol. God Bless you all in your journeys. Keep me in your prayers.

With Love,
Tiffani

best of luck with your surgery…sure you will be fine…but you are in my prayers…stay strong and be positive…let us know how it all goes as soon as you can

I will be thinking of you…BEST WISHES FOR A FAST RECOVERY.

Will be thinking of you Tiffani. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Tiffani,
My twin sister is named tiffany…lol but she was the lucky one and has no avm. :slight_smile: you will do fine! I’m praying for you and praying for your peace as you go into surgery and praying for you a quick recovery. But you should know that its not going to be easy at all. It has been over 2 years since my first surgery and I still struggle every day. but you sound so much like me. I wanted to have kids and that is one of the main reasons I had the surgery. Then after surgery I found out I had a fertility problem and pcod. Lol that was about 8 months ago and now I am almost 4 months pregnant. God works in great ways! I was told I would NEVER be able to have kids…lol they were WRONG!!! hehe. Good luck. and hoping in about 3 hours you will be awake and doing fine from right now. :slight_smile:

Good luck Tiffany, I will be thinking of you, and stay positive, you will get thru this!
:slight_smile: Lianne

Tiffani, i think i read you blog to late, and you are either in surgery or recovering now. so i want to wish you the best in this scary time. Be as strong as you can and know that we are all thinking of you today. I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly. best of luck!

I wish you the best. Looking forward to seeing you back here saying you’re AVM free.

I"m praying that all went well today, Tiffani! Let us know how you are as soon as you can.

I hope your surgery went very well Tiffani!! I had my first embo 2 days ago and am now looking forward to another 2 before they eventually destroy the rest with radiation. It’s a long way to Tipperary, but we’ll get there in the end! Best of luck to you, and to all of us :heart:

Tiffani, I’ll be thinking about you Monday. My son Andrew had his second surgery on Thursday. The way they move you along in the hospital and as well as Andrew is doing we may be going to the hotel by the time your having your surgery. I will send positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Hi Tiffani, good luck for Monday, I will keep you in my thought and prayers, take care.

I’ll being thinking of you tomorrow. Can’t wait to see you first posting after surgery. Andrew had his surgery Thursday and we may go home Tuesday. See how fast this can go.