How is this possible

How does such a shocking crazy thing happen. I was a very healthy and active person. I did all the right things and somehow I have landed in this nightmare.
Had a bleed in December, found the avm in February and a craniotomy to remove it in March.
Although my recovery has been pretty good; I’m walking,talking and my cognition is intact. I’m so dizzy and my balance is awful. I look and feel like I’m drunk. I’ve gone from doing lots, to being exhausted and apprehensive to go do anything.
How do I accept this new normal? I’m sad and miss my old self so much
Carol

Carol,

It’s just one of those things. Somehow the big finger just pointed at you. I think I had a smaller finger pointing at me but nonetheless we both got the pointy.

I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

Ecclesiastes 9:11

I don’t think there is anything to blame yourself for. It’s just part of life’s adventure. A road you didn’t think you’d find yourself on. But I think we can learn from where we find ourselves. It doesn’t have to be all negative.

Wishing you the best,

Richard

1 Like

We don’t know how or why AVM’s attack us like a thief in the night. When they do happen, you ride your individual journey to its conclusion. AVM’s change everything about you and the life you used to have. Once you’ve accepted the fact that you are not the same person you were, and likely will never be, you start creating a life based on what you can do. You may not be able to do as much, but you will hopefully find joy in doing new things. Your life hasn’t ended, it just slowed you down a bit. Be patient. Be thankful. Be prayer-ful.

Sharon D…

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I was just having a bad day. Seems like I am slowly learning to move forward, but that was a little pity party day. I’m really trying to focus on all the good that I still have in my life, and I’m lucky there really is a lot to be thankful for

1 Like