Has anyone have any issue's doing a certain outdoor activity or can not do certain physical activitys outdoors who have not have a rupture AVM?

I ask because my AVM does not allow me to do certain activities at times with out me passing out or getting a seizure. for instance in the summer it gets really hot and i can not stay in the sun for more than 2 hours without a hat and not get a seizure. And in the winter it is the same thing. I just want to get people’s feedback and experiences. Thank You

Hi Crystal. I have the same trouble. Hot days are my enemy. Actually, all physical activities I have to be carefull with. It really stinks! I use to be very active and hot weather never botherd me. Now, if I over do it or it's to hot outside - I'll have a seizure. Sometimes only my arms or legs go into tremors. I get really weird in my head and my vision changes. I have gone unconciuose already but, I try to sit down and call it quits for the day before that happens. Air conditioning is my best friend. LOL

I'll do things outside usually in the morning or the evening only. And I try to avoid the worst heat of the day. I live in PA, so the high humidity in the summer is the worst for me. Compared to what fall or spring is.

I've been this way for over a year now. I've learned (the hard way) to really pay attention to my body.

I think the other trick is to pace yourself. Be carefull not to raise your blood pressure and your pulse rate. Take a lot of breaks. For myself, I do things at a slower pace than what I use to. I don’t rush things any more and I don’t multi-task any more either. I do one thing at a time and then, I’ll move on to the next thing. I live alone and own my house, so there is always outside work to do. I enjoy it but, my body doesn’t. There are days or a part of a day that I can’t do anything. Then, I just wait till I can.

Thanks Ben for the advice. I used to be very active with outdoor activities and sports and now after my surgery (2005) i cant do things to my full potential or i get really dizzy and my vision gets blurry and i need to sit down immediately. one time i had a seizure in a subway cart because it was hot in the cart. i will pace my self more and try to take things easy.

I also get dizzy and bad headaches and feel like I’m going to pass out in the hot weather. In the cold the windy gives me a horrible headache I have to keep a hood/hat on all the time. When I do things like dancing around if I spin around alot that bothers me. So yes I cant do everything like I could before and its great to know others are the same way (that havent had a bled). Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Thank you Andrea for the comment. It is good to know that i am not the only person who feels restricted in their daily life. When i go back to my neurologist i am going to ask him any recommendations for this summer coming and this winter regarding activity’s. Life is short and i want to live my life to the fullest and do as many challenging things that i can this summer. Thanks again.