Embolization and craniotomy resection and freaked out

Pam,

I’m sorry you’re having such a tough time of it all. However, you’ve gone through what must be one of the most traumatic things known to man. You’ve got to be positive about getting through well.

I do think recovery from craniotomy is long and slow. Even having the embolizations is quite a deal. So I hope some of it is just how soon you are post op and the amount that your brain needs not to be messed around with but be allowed to settle down.

It sounds like you’re having a tough time but I’m sending positive thoughts your way that you’ll get much better with time.

:heart: :heart: :muscle:

Very best wishes

Richard

1 Like

Oh no. I didn’t want to say earlier, but I had some major complications post craniotomy. I developed hydrocephalus and they drilled a hole in the top of my skull to put in an extra ventricular drain. What was supposed to be only an embolization turned into a craniotomy,and then hydrocephalus. One night in the hospital turned into nine, plus a week at in patient rehab. That you are even able to do the train ride is a real testament to how you are doing.
Recovery is a long, hard road. I’m fifteen months post though and still seeing improvement. Although I’m still tired and pretty unsteady I’m getting back to my life quiet a bit. Right now I’m on a lovely trip to Europe. It’s not like it used to be but I’m enjoying myself and grateful to be here
Hang in there
Carol

3 Likes

Thank you Carol. Very inspirational.