Craniotomy will be on april 24

please update us, only one day different i will know before i go for mine how his surgery went
did they said will they embolization him first ?

I donā€™t really have any problems do to the surgeries other than I lost a little bit of my right eyes peripheral vision. Vision in my right eye isnā€™t as good as my left. Some times I put one contact lense in to make them balanced.

1 Like

I will definitely try. Feel free to message me that day. I know that itā€™s reassuring to hear from people as soon as possible after their surgery. It gives us relief.
The neurosurgeon will not do embolization. He feels itā€™s not warranted.
Good luck and prayers to you and your family. Iā€™ll be on here everyday before his surgery, so feel free to message me. Iā€™m not the patient, but I feel like it because itā€™s my 15 year old son.
Iā€™ll give more details about his surgery when we go to preop on the 17th. Because I know itā€™s helpful to hear about others going through this. Iā€™m nervous too. We are all in this together.
Lisa

1 Like

I assume your doctor feels that craniotomy is required to fix your AVM. I would think if it is an extensive AVM, glueing up alone will not last. So, I think he or she believes you need the craniotomy and they are using the embolization to make that lower risk for you.

It isnā€™t worth worrying about a craniotomy. If you need it, you need it and it just has to be done. Doctors are much better at this sort of thing than ever before, so it will be fine. If you have any concerns, talk to your doctor. They should look after you nicely.

Very best wishes

Richard

1 Like

Thank you Richard
did you know that my doctor name is Richard Fessler :grin:
i dont have any concerns just scared about recovery how i will come out and how long it will take my body to get normal
my family will be with me for 3 weeks then all will go for their work so i hope i can get better by this time to take care of myself nothing else