2 years after Cyber Knife - No change

MY wife underwent cyberknife in May 2013 and had followup MRIs for every 6 months now. No major changes in AVM size.
Her AVM measures 4.7 x 2.9 x 3.3 cm in AP, TR, CC dimension in right occipital lobe.
Wondering if we should consider alternative treatment options or change our neuro surgeon.Any suggestions, experiences?

I recently had gamma knife and my neurosurgeon said he liked to wait 3 years before looking at the next step if cyber knife didn't do anything to the AVM - you probably want to talk to the current neurosurgeon and ask what his recommendation is since there's been no change in 2 years and see what he says. Some neurosurgeons suggest a second dose of radiation if the first one doesn't do much (or doesn't do enough).

After talking to your current surgeon, you can always get a second opinion.

Shirasaya gave you good advice. I’m waiting to see progress on my radiosurgery as well. I was told it takes up to three years. I’m not a patient man, so I want to ensure I have a plan B if needed. Talk to the neuro about it, and don’t be afraid to get a second opinion. :slight_smile: