Uterine avm and pain/ cramping?

My uterine avm was discovered after miscarriage at 3 months (after 2 serious haemorrhages). I have history of fibroids and several myomectomies to deal with them also.They may have caused the avm. Since having the mymectomies not sure after which oneI realized I had a dull sometimes painful spot on my right that was worse during menses. it feels like cramping but it is all on the right and that where all my avm was.

Now when I got pregnant I believe the placenta attached right there next to or on the avm. I refused medication and opted for embolization done 2 months ago late Sept. I had lots of pain after and had to have injectable pain meds and oral for a week or so.

Now I am having the same dull pain I had before pregnancy and avm confirmation. It makes me wonder it was fully treated and if not if I have to worry. My expectation was that the pain would be gone if the avm is fully treated. My menses are lighter than before the avm and pregnancy and US recent says the avm I no longer there, though they noted that there is a blood vessel near the site but with high velocity resistance ( not sure what this means). I am very worried because I would like to try again, though my doctor said i would be a time ‘bomb’ if I got pregnant in fact they highly recommend hysterectomy which I am highly against.

I am looking for uterine avm experiences in regards to post-embolization success with no pain, getting pregnant and no haemorrhage. I am very worried next time they will proceed with hysterectomy.

Hi twinmama. I had the same concern when the doctors discovered my uterine AVM on my week 7 of my pregnancy. 3 out of 4 doctors suggested embolization while I’m still pregnant but no one can assure me that it will, fist, completely embolize avm from the fist try, and , second, would not damage the fetus( radiation). This pregnancy might as well be my last change to have a child. So I refuse to have any surgery and I’m being observed by a team of doctors now. So far my AVM doesn’t grow but with my baby boy growing it’s only matter of time…
I feel the pain you are describing here and there… sometimes it’s pulsating and something it’s dull. I watch my weight and my blood pressure very closely for this reason- any major fluctuations could be detrimental.
It might as well be a phantom pain you are experiencing if the doctors are positive that avm is gone. I’d say you should try for a another baby but give it 3-4 months to heal. I strongly discourage you to have hysterectomy unless it’s medical nessassary. It would wreck your whole system up.

April