Spinal AVM Awareness Memes

Greetings fellow spinal AVMers,

Although I know that the majority of AVMs occur in the brain and also that the term 'Brain AVM' is thought of as an umbrella term to also include AVM that occur anywhere in the body, for a long time now I have felt like using only the word 'brain' when it comes to raising awareness and helping to educate people who are unfamiliar with AVM may not be helping to make people aware of spinal and extremity AVM. Online and especially on FB memes, when seeing info or memes about AVM I usually always only see the word 'brain' in them.

So, I decided to create a meme for us spinal people. I'm just now learning to use my photo editor, so the text is a bit fuzzy - I couldn't figure out how to get it more clear, but I'm working on it!

Anyway, at the suggestion of dancermom (thank you dancermom for that!), I am posting the meme here and would like to know if any of you may have some ideas and suggestions for others you'd like to see, and then I will be more than happy to make some more. We need to keep in mind though that we won't be able to use anything that is copyrighted

This is the one I just made:

HI. I'm a spinal AVM survivor and had an operation to remove and or fix it. I would like to read more from people who had same operation. Before my operation i had lost usage of both my legs but now i can walk short distances .

Dear Richard
i am happy you can walk now. my brother had the surgery 2 months ago and now he cant walk and he is numb under waist. Did you experience it too? How much did it take for your recovery?

Hi Zahra: I was paralyzed when I went in hospital and after many tests, they found that I had a AVM in my spine which put pressure on my spinal cord and this made me lose usage of my legs. After operation I was able to walk again but I need a cane because I feel numb in lower body and have poor balance. This was 4 years ago and I will not improve more . I am sorry for your brother. Maybe you should find another neuro surgeon to make sure this cannot be fixed. Please let me know if you want more if you want more info on this… Pls take care… Richard.

Dear Richard
Thank you for your response. No one didnt know my brother has avm when he couldnt move his neck. He had the surgery two months ago. He could walk before the surgery but now he cant move at all. Could u walk right after the surgery? How much did it take for u to walk? Thank you in advance