Ok, finally giving baclofen a try

Hey guys ! I’ve finally decided to give baclofen a try. After years of trying to avoid it because of all the side effects and wanting to try the holistic route , I feel like something’s gotta give and my tone/ spasticity is becoming such a pain in the butt. What are your guys’ experience with it ? Any tips?

It will make you drowsy. I take half a pill when my spasms are bad during the day. I take a full pill before bed to help with spasms so that I can sleep.

Hi Kathleen! thanks for sharing :) Would you say its helped?

Yes it does help with my spasms. I usually don't take it during the day. But sometimes the spasms are so bad they hurt and I have trouble standing, walking, driving etc. The baclofen realizes me within about 30 minutes. It does not eliminate the spasms,but reduces the rate of occurrence and severity of the spasms.

Hi monica ive been taking baclofen since january this year for spasticity in my leg from embolyzation for spinal avm it has been a great help to me and have had ni side effects just a bit drowsey at the start but fine after a few weeks i hope this is helpful to you

Glad it helps! Thanks, Kathleen :)

Hi Padriag! Glad it helps you. I've been taking it for a few days now and experience the side effects already.

Kathleen, I have an AVM throughout my tibia and femur bone and have been receiving alcohol emobolization treatments since March. Here recently my spasms have gotten really really bad. I called my doctor and am waiting for a return phone call.
Why do they spasm? And what does it mean? Can I do anything to help relieve them? I am in so much pain and have two small kids, so I have to bounce back. Please tell me anything and everything you know.
Miranda

1 Like

Hi Monica,

I take baclofen 3x a day for spasms after a spinal AVM. Sometimes I am drowsy, but that seems to be less over time.

1 Like

Mu and- l1 to t 12 in my spinal cord. Ask your regular doc for baclofen for
spasms. Then when you get a good neurologist you would be a candidate for
Botox. My spasticity was through the roof! All day non stop and could not
sleep.

Now I get Botox every 3 months…night and day. Now I spasm as much in one
day as I did in one hour.

1 Like

Miranda you can also ask for chloroxoizine as a muscle relaxer. For pain it might be more nerve pain than anything. So pain relievers don’t help. Ask for gabapentin

1 Like