Hi all my name is samier and I have had my avm removed about Two weeks ago

Samier, hello, welcome, I have the exact same scar!! I have never seen anyone with exact same thing and this is rare, this year will be 30 years post surgery for me and your bringing back a lot of memories, so there is hope and things do get better, I am now 53 years old, at this point take it real easy, give yourself time to heal, it will take time but want you to know I’m here, any questions, concerns, please feel free to ask, wishing you all the best and a speedy, healthy recovery, take care my friend,

3 Likes

Hello Samier how is recovery going? I believe my scar will be similar to yours.

Hi kell well this is my second week and going fine

1 Like

It’s beautiful I love mine.

Samier,

Your scar is beautiful.

Amy

Wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. Fantastic news they managed to remove your AVM. I had attempted removal and was too dangerous so the surgeons aborted it and left me deaf in my left ear :cry:

2 Likes

Valerie, I didn’t loose hearing in left ear but have always had problems with it, hard of hearing, plugged up feeling, always trying to clear it, your scare look fairly new, when was this for you ? They almost left mine also, I am lucky they were able to get it out, If that’s lucky, I really don’t know, it’s been a struggle for me,

@electrician You may have something called Meniere’s Disease- I have it in my right ear. I found staying away from reg table salt and switching to Celtic sea salt I dont have that full feeling in my ear. My DAVF is on my left side and I just feel like someone is constantly pulling my hair

Thank you!! I will look into this, do you know of any remedy’s or cures??
Prefer to try natural type cures first, doctors keep telling me there’s
nothing wrong with my ear, even when I answer huh?? what did you say,

Welcome to the site. good information and support here. I have a similar scar. looks good!

I found drinking lots of water staying away from processed food, staying away from reg table salt and anything like olives that have been brine - I made that mistake the day before I was supposed to meet with the neuro who is the local expert and could not stand up and could not stop throwing up- his office said he would then refuse to see me…there was nothing I could do…there was no way I could drive or get into a car. I have been so much better. I never eat anything marinated unless I did it, Stay away from chinese food. If its cold wear ear muffs. I also take a slow release magnesium pill -

You can go to an ENT and ask them to test you for meniere’s -

Wow, THANK YOU!!! Ilove Chinese, my multi has magnesium, and I also like
the brine stuff, very helpful, I have gotten alittle better but was
similar to your doc, thanks again, god bless

1 Like

Yes I am Italian and love love Olives but only can eat like 2 a day now. And my step mom is Chinese and plus I also now have a deadly seafood allergy so I have to stay away from Chinese. The msg kills my head and then sends me to dizzy land. I never know if they are using oyster sauce so I have had too many close calls. Also salted nuts which I love and chips etc. I still eat pistachios and chips but just a same amount and not every day. Once I got strict with my diet my dizziness has dramatically improved. Now if I dont get enough sleep I get dizzy and vomit- Hope this helps you - Hugs Angela

Very helpful, I really like a lot of the same things and thought I was
being health conscious, also having some of the same issues as you so this
is some great advise I will start applying ammediatly, was having serious
lack of sleep issues but I am starting to get a handle on it, I live in
Arizona so working in the heat can really be draining on the body,it’s
hard just to stay hidrated without get to much salt,sodium,ECT, I have
really been struggling with head pain lately and appreciate you taking the
time to advise me, best wishes to you and yours,

1 Like

Oh gosh yes my husband lived in Scottsdale for about 15 months until I had my 1st stroke- I suggest getting this water Gerolsteiner - mineral water I get it from Trader Joes by the case- This water has the most minerals out of any mineral water. I really love this water and whenever I am feeling like I am about to get an attack I drink a whole bottle or if I am not sleeping well for days

Also order some celtic sea salt from Amazon or go to whole foods. This salt we can have and infact when I am feeling dizzy I put a pinch in water or just under my tongue-I also only use this now to cook and season with and be careful of soy sauce get the low sodium kind if you are going to use it. -

The only things that help me sleep is using the liquid medical marijuana or indica gummies. Not sure if its legal in your state. My medical marijuana doctor is actually a neuro ( just by accident) she said we need some THC to sleep - I also do some CBD during the day for the head pain I still have from my stroke.

Also my pain neuro told me to always start my day with protein which is easy to make hard boiled eggs or you can make eggs with whatever you like i.e. bell peppers and pour the mixture into muffin pan for 20-25 minutes and then you can just pop a few each day for breakfast or snack.

I also use magnesium lotion on my feet and lower legs at night I got it off Amazon brand is Ancient minerals.

I am hopeful after my clinical trial for stem cells in the brain that it will help my sleep and pain issues.

oh and lunch meat has lots of bad salt as well.We have to be so careful eating out-

oh also you can get arnica oil or gel its natural and helps relax the muscles-

Wow!!! Your a god send!!! I do have a med card ( I also prefer indica)
and truly beleave in it’s medicinal properties, your doc is 100% right,
I haven’t tryed cbd during the day due to my work, and recently haven’t
been smoking much but sounds like I need to get back on it, your advise is
what I’ve been looking for, very helpful and thank you so much,

1 Like

Yes the mm has been a God send. So many people told me to try it and I waited. I dont have opiate receptors so the meds dont work on me and just make me vomit like I am possessed. sorry for the visual.

You should try the CBD - I do the gummies or a liquid that is actually made for anxiety but it has the CBD in it and I feel fine no feeling of being high at all. I did once have to go home after drinking 1/2 of a Guinness beer at lunch after I had done the liquid anxiety CBD in the am- but I had a great 3 hour nap.

I do the liquid at night and then if I wake up in the middle of the night I eat a indica gummy and go back to sleep-

Keeping a schedule of waking up and going to bed at the same time also makes a difference. I know my friends must think I am coo coo when I am like I need to go home to take my meds so I can sleep-

Even one night of taking my meds late can set of a chain reaction of sleep issues for a week-

Another drug I take at night is low dose naltrexone. You have to get it from a compounding pharm. It helps me sleep and it raises our dopamine in our brain.

I take 4.5mg about 4 hours before bed. I have had no bad side effects You can ask your neuro about it or your primary- I have been taking it for 6 years same dosage.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/19/one-of-the-rare-drugs-that-actually-helps-your-body-to-heal-itself.aspx

sleep is so important. Have you tried the marijuana topicals? I like the oil