AVM Guide Question 3 - What (or where) is(was) the location of your AVM?

Hi there James--

AVM located in the left cerebellum. Looking forward to seeing your findings!

My husband has an AVM in the thumb muscle of his right hand.

James, Thank you for working on this guide. When I was coming back to consciousness, I started researching AVM's on the internet. Well my husband found me looking distraught and I told him that I had read about the rarity of this condition. He used my own words to snap me back to reality for he told me that God knew I was strong enough to handle this so I have learned to just deal. I have 2 avm's in my cerebellum. The first one which burst in May of 2011 is about 3mm. and made inert by embolizaiton. The second one is about 1mm. and also in my cerebellum; it was discovered on 10/31/12 during an angiogram. The second AVM was treated with stereotactic radiosurgery in July 2013.
Susan Truby

Mine is located between my ribs and lungs up against the right side of my spine about T-2 to T-5

i also have avm's in my left arm. i would love to talk to you about your journey. ive never met anyone who had them in their arms. email me ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

My AVM was located on the motor cortex (behind and above the right ear).

It was on the right side, central region, right between the sensoric and motoric region.

My AVM was in the left frontal lobe. It was removed in 2000. I underwent two embolizations prior to the surgery, where two clips were inserted to prevent bleeds. The recovery process took around six months (actually it was three years) however I believed that I was fine until one day I went to drive my car and found out that I did not have a driver's licence anymore. I underwent quite an extensive program to regain my licence. An enormous amount of support should be given to the patient whilst undergoing the realisation that things are different and probably will never be the same.

1 Like

motor cotex aboveand behindright ear

My AVM is located in the Posterior Fossa.

I can't remember if I replied to this..
Mine was in my left parietal lobe

Mine has been obliterated :)

My 17 year old daughter’s was the left, parietal lobe. After rupture, surgery was performed 3 days later to decrease swelling- which was causing her heart to stop. 6 months later- she has almost 100% recovery. She is driving again, has applied to attend college in the Fall, is working as a hostess in a restaurant, and finishing her Senior year with honors.

1 Like

My AVM is in the left Parietal/Occipital lobes and is 3.6cm. No bleeds, or seizures. Found it by accident.

Rachel what kind of surgery did you have to remove yours?? I'm so glad it's gone!!

HI James
My AVM is 5cm x 3.6cm 5.8cm and left parietel side of my brain with several aneurysms. no bleeds.

Left posterior frontal lobe.

3 spinal AVM's, located subdura at L1, L3, L5.

Hi, my avm is approx 3-4 cms and located in the rightside of the cerebellum

Left temporal lobe 4cm × 6cm × 5cm. Mostly in language center, close to hippocampus.

Cerebellum, right side

1 Like