Hello from Australia

Welcome @Hotspot to the family… I’m from Sydney so rest assured there are many Australians on this site also that will help you feel at home… So sorry to hear about your AVM and I’ve been there before in 2010/2011 after having my AVM removed via surgery after it bled, with no previous history I may add… there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will get through this.

Technology has advanced so much since my surgery in 2011 as I had an angiogram check in early 2020 that was done through my right wrist, which was much easier than the groin one they do… Please keep positive and stay strong cause that is what will get you through this even more so.

There is a Australian Group on this site where you may find others here in your state that can provide recommendations etc or share thoughts on certain doctors etc or just shoot the breeze with you for support…

-Australian AVM Group - https://avmsurvivors.org/t/australian-avm-groups/18787

If there is anything we can help with then please feel free to ask and again please know you are not alone on this journey as there are many of us that have gone through this or continue to go through this… the positive to your situation is that they can get to it and remove it, which there are many that just have to live with their AVM as removal is not possible… God bless!