Gamma knife

Thanks for the wishes. It was 6 months wait from March where London sent the referral to Toronto. Toronto never phoned me until June it felt long to get a phone call. After they called it didn’t feel long for the wait.

Hi.

First, sorry to hear you have to go through this when you are so close at 98% coverage with the embolization.

My son had an AVM rupture 2.5 years ago and it was embolized 100%. Since a second AVM has grown outside the embolization. He just completed GM in April with no immediate side effects. About 3 months in he saw hair loss in the area where they went in (about a half dollar size circle of hair loss). He is now 4 months later feeling nauseous each morning and we are trying to see if it is AVM or GM related as we have ruled out gastrointestinal. Not a fun potential side effect and we are grateful it is not something else.

I hope this doesn’t put you off as the upside so much more for your peace of mind and safety.

All the best!
Michelle

1 Like

I had the angio and embolization through the groin. This last one was tough because he tried to embolize the last 2 veins I have to have GK now and they were to small. So it caused a lot of pain .
And I had a migraine for 2 days my embolization was easier.