DAVF or AVM

@tinysilky Hello short answer is yes . And your avm / DAVF can continue to grow new attachments if let untreated.
When I first went in for my first angiogram and embolism at Stanford another hospital was doing theirs via the arm and when I asked about it at Stanford my dr said that way they could only look at one side and sometimes we grow AVMs on both sides so they wanted to look at both sides .
Any new changes I go see my Neuros and they run a MRA at bare minimum for me .
Angela

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, A strange thing happened about3 weeks ago, I was sat reading, calmly and I had the most intense pain in my chest, first thing i thought was 'heart attack, My friend had a blood pressure moniter I was shocked my BP was through the roof which wasnt normal for me. After visiting A & E They decided it Wasnt A heart attack and sent me home. But for a few days after BP was still up and i could hear a bruit in My other ear, but passed it off, I didnt realise you could develop a DAVF on the other side. Ill have to try and get to see the Consultant, but its so hard to get appointments at the moment due to the covid 19

1 Like

@tinysilky Hopefully they can get you in for an MRA with Spin labeling to check - Here too things limited related to drs visited due to COVD but I have been able to get in to see my pain neuros twice so far - here they are limited how many people a day come in to the drs but still seeing people. I had a bad fall last weekend but purposely did not go to the emergency because I did not want to risk being exposed to covd cause my husband is high risk due to his COPD -
please let us know if you can get in with your dr - good luck
Angela