You're not going to believe this!

Thankfully, Michael came home yesterday, a bit weak but happy to be home. Unfortunately,this morning he woke up with his right arm in quite a bit of pain. Would you believe that his arm is now badly infected from the I.V. at the hospital?! A good portion of his upper arm is red and swollen and he’s running a slight fever. He’s on antibiotics now and we have to watch that the redness doesn’t spread. The poor guy can’t catch a break!

I’m frustrated because he won’t let me take care of him. He is always so worried about me and is used to taking care of me. He’d rather be in pain than let me help him. By the way, this has been a 360 degree turnabout from most of our marriage. The common cold used to completely debilitate him! lol

Connie

Wow, Connie. I’m sure they told you this but watch that arm like a hawk because that can get more serious fast. Scary stuff. I can’t believe it. Poor guy. Hang in there!

Hi Connie sorry to hear that your husband has not been well what eneded up being wrong with him, typical stuborn man not wanting to go to hospital sooner not very good to hear that his arm got infected. Hope he has a quick recovery take care lol michelle

ugh- I’ve had the same thing happen to me. You gotta watch those IV sites.
(Sounds like stubborness runs in the family???)
:slight_smile:

Awww Connie, that’s just SO not fair. As if you didn’t have enough on your plates yet.
Hang in there! All these delays must have reason somehow, and maybe it’s all for the best. I hope the infection is going to clear up fast, fingers crossed :heart:

Yuk my angio got infected blew up like a mountain then exploded like a volcano it was shitty! I hope hes okay you just seem to get bad luck when ya just dont need it! chat soon take care!

Hi Sis
Sorry to hear that, I hope Michael ets better soon and you get a new app for the shoulder. It never rains but it poors! Chin up babe. xoxox

Wow, I had not been on for months - so so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you both in my prayers - hang in there. How are you feeling.

Has Michael improved much??

Hi connie, I haven’t been on the site in a while, is your hubby OK? How are you doing? Hope you are well, I think of you often. I think Crissy has a hard time coming to this site, I think it reminds her of the horrible ordeal with John, but I know this site and all the wonderful people on it helped her through. John is doing pretty good, he just had his one year angio and there is no sign of the AVM growing back. If you need a Dr., John was at UMDNJ in Newark,NJ and they were very helpful, his doctor is Dr. Ghandi, john calls him “Uncle Ghandi”. Anyway, I hope you are doing well, talk to you soon, Marijo