Your progress

Here I come again lol! I was just wondering for those of you post bleed(s): How far into recovery are you and what have you gained back? I am 1 year 5 months in after my 2nd rupture and really close to being graduated off my cane (term my PT uses to refer to upgrading/advancing) I still get Botox every 3 months but have noticed more improvement in my arm and knee recently thanks to occupational and physical therapy exercises my therapists assign as homework. Then again I don’t follow their rules of doing 3 reps of 10 per exercise INSTEAD I just do as many as I can handle before I’m physically exhausted but so far so good! How about you guys?

1 Like

I think you’re doing the right thing you’re doing what I did you keep pushing and keep pushing I am three years post rupture and two craniotomies and physically I can walk as far as I need to I might be a little wobbly at times due to some balance issues and I never regained my peripheral vision to the left or down so I have to be careful when I’m trying to cross the street.
I still have some numbness on my left side but I’ve compensated for most of it.
I still have some mental issues of sensory overload but I’ve learned to deal with most of it as I kept pushing myself into uncomfortable situations until I learned to deal with some of it; I still have some partial simple seizures from time to time and my neoroligists don’t think I’ll ever go back to work but it doesn’t mean I won’t quit trying!
hang in there you’re doing great!

1 Like

Thank you Mike! Yup that’s the plan! To just keep pushing and today’s one of those days when I seem to feel drained and out of energy almost falling asleep just sitting down on a chair… these are the days I hate :confused:

I understand completely I’m 3 years post rupture and I still need plenty of rest everyday.
I try to stick to a routine of doing physical stuff early in the morning, mental stuff in the mid-afternoon and a nap during the day to try to recharge my batteries… I got frustrated a lot at first as things weren’t happening as quickly as I wanted them to but when I changed my mindset to “this is probably a lifetime of slow rehab” I learned to accept it a little bit more; don’t get me wrong not completely just a bit more… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve already come to accept my situation just still get frustrated with exhaustion:/ HOPEFULLY one day that will change (I hope)

You are much younger than I was when I had my rupture; keep fighting and stay determined ( and a little bit ornery) and you will see improvement I guarantee it!
Also I see you are on Keppra; that makes me very drowsy about a half hour after I take my dose. it was worse before but my body slowly became accustomed to it but I still get drowsy after I take it.
I take B complex gummies those seem to give my brain a little more alertness and I’m not as tired during the day.

1 Like