Worst Life

I know it seems tough right now, and it might not ever be exactly the same, but you're stronger than your AVM. When I was 11 (I'm 20 now), I had open brain surgery. Gamma knife was an option for me too, but my parents went with opening me up. There were some after-effects, but that was fine with me because I knew that without the surgery, I'd be in constant danger. The effects are gone now, and the only way you can even tell I had surgery is by my scar, which is usually hidden under my hair. You won't even have a scar, and hopefully the motion problems will get better. The brain is amazing and it might surprise you. Always remember that you're stronger than the AVM.

Hi. I don´t usually comment and post but now I have to say I was and I am still feeling like you do. For me it´s been seven months since crainotomy. I feel like no one really understands it. I don´t feel physical pain, I feel emotional, I want to scream I want to live, at least just for a day, where I don´t have to remind myself I have to take pills everyday, I had avm, I can´t do most of the things people my age can, things I used to do. So I guess no more drinking and partying till 4am and I´m okay with it.(I am 19)
As for how long it´s going to take, THAT is the question I have been wondering since day one.Basically, I wish I didn´t have to take the pills and above all wish I could stay on summer sun and get my tan.
Bottom line is, it´s really hard and painful but in the end you are much stronger person and you truly realize what is it that you want from life :)