Work next step in theraputic process?

After 18 months on disability I feel as though work is really what I need now to push myself physically and mentally. I feel staying home to "get well" has taken me only so far- now I feel I need to enter that chapter theraputically-any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea! It’s good to challenge yourself as early and often as you can, so your brain can start rebuilding the connections you need. Just be aware that work will try to compete with the things you need to do to take care of yourself now–getting enough sleep, doing your exercises, and so on. Even at 18 months, you’re still in the recovery period. There’s a fine line between a reasonable challenge and a challenge that is just stressful, so keep an eye on it! Good luck.

I think It sounds like a great idea!!! Just don’t over do it ease into work slowly,thats what I did.Even if it is just a day or two a week and only a few hours at a time.It may do you some good to get out and maybe feel normal again. I think that was the worst for me not feeling like a normal person that gets up every day and goes to work.When I went back to work it was a slow process(my job is very physical 12 hrs on my feet) but I did everything at my own pace and didn’t put in those long hours but it really was a breath of fresh air it made me feel good.Good luck and keep us posted.

Could you volunteer and stay on disability? A lot of volunteer positions allow you to make your own schedule. If you felt tired then you could just go home…no pressure. I volunteer at my local animal shelter. It’s amazing how good I feel when I leave there… the cats are purring and the dogs are wagging their tails.

HI, I FEEL THE SAME WAY READY TO SEE IF I CAN WORK UNDER THE SAME STRESS AS BEFORE THE SURGERY, JUST WAITIN ON THE OK FROM MY DOC. I PRAY THAT BOTH OF US DO WELL IN THE NEXT PROCESS OF GETTIN BACK TO NORMAL. GOD BLESS KEEP US POSTED