Will it ever get better

im wondering if its ever going to get better for me. i have avfs and have been through hell with them. they have effected my walking and i can only take baby steps. they have effected my writing i have very unlegable writing now where i used to have pretty hand writing. im sitting here crying because i just want my life back.

Things will get better, vettegirl. Take it one day at a time. Try and focus on the positives in your life, and count the blessings you do have. We’re here for you. :slight_smile:

I didn't think that I would survive my first year after my AVM bleed, much
less totally get my life back, but in time it all happened.

Time may not literally heal all things, always, but in five years it did
help to heal me and hopefully it will also heal you, and
not take as long for you, because I was 52 when I had mine.

Vettegirl, I don't know exactly what happened to you, but I had brain surgery and during that, I had a massive bleed which led to brain damage. I had to learn absolutely everything again!! Walk, talk, write, read etc. I also had a wonderful hand for writing it's; not good now BUT I can write again! I can talk again, I know what food is again, etc again :) It takes time to heal and it is very frustrating in the beginning!! My life has changed, and I have had to accept that, again in time, but I have also had to work very hard on myself and my deficits to get better and better. Please believe in yourself that you can do it and you will!! You truly will...NEVER give up hope. Xx

Vettegirl, I have to agree with both John P and Tim, Things can only get better and they do !, I was in the same situation as John P in that I thought my life was over as soon as they told me I needed surgery to remove the AVM and I thought I'll never be the same again, But over time and plenty of rest I'm doing great again :) , as Lesley said "NEVER give up !" keep positive please, You can do it for sure.