Where can I find more information on pelvic AVM's?

I’m the kind of person that has a general thirst for knowledge and that is even more prevalent now that I have this severe condition (large pelvic AVM). I have spent countless hours scouring the internet and my university’s library looking for more information but am at a loss. Due to the rarity of the condition there’s just not a lot of information out there, that I’ve been able to find at least. I’ve read a lot of case studies that I’ve found on the National Institute of Health (NIH) but those are all very diverse and hard to relate to. Is there a book on the matter? I’m even willing to read a medical textbook if anyone knows of one with information on this condition. I mean the doctors have to learn about this condition from somewhere, right? Where can I get my hands on that material? I think the more I know about this, the more sense of control I will feel about it. Knowledge is therapeutic to me. I just want to know everything I can about this condition. Any information that you could direct me to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi , I have been looking for years for info on pelvic AVM’s , to this date I have t found one .
Years ago some dr’s did a case study on me and were going to put it in a medical journal but I have never found it either . I have a pelvic AVM along with other Extremeties. Is there anything I can help you with ? Lisa

Did you ever get answers? It’s been a few years. I had a huge AVM in my pelvis. After a few years of procedures and surgeries I am AVM free. There is hope.