When? When do you cross that line?

It’s cold here, too. The “feels like” temperature, taking into account wind chill is 37°F today. Maximum.

Hey Tacos,

There are two kinds of truth if you ask me:

• Absolute, God-given, rules of nature, with no room for negotiation.
  • “Flexible” truth - it might be true for me, but it might not be true for you. “I’m going to go for a 10-mile bicycle ride” is a truth for you because you can do it. If I tried that my insurance company would be getting a call because I, well think of all the things that could go wrong. So, if I were to say that about myself, first, my wife and kids would laugh at the sheer stupidity of that statement for me right now, but secondly, they would look at it from the standpoint that says, "Can he do it?’

My thinking is that based on the description you display, my first guess would be that you have come to an acceptance of what the new limitations are but at the same time, come to the acceptance of the reality you have but choose not to let that be the final answer. So you push and you push and you are determined to go farther and faster and ______ and ____________|

To me, that actually sounds like a pretty strong outlook to have. Keep us informed on how the training goes.

And thanks for chiming in…

TJ

Mike - finance guy as in banker or as in accountant, analyst etc. “Hi, my name is Tom and I’m a recovering Mortgage Lender.” Seriously it has been hard at times knowing that the industry you spent over 20 years in caused so many people to lose money and lose their homes.

I hear you on the cringing part - that’s why I’m glad I settled on the “freelance author.” I am, I have one book up for sale, I’m working on a second one (hint - has to do with adoption and starfish) and I write for a couple of sites. Do I make money at them right now? Well, let’s just say I enjoy it more than I earn from it right now.
TJ

@TJ127 I spent 12 years as an accountant / Branch controller in the moving and storage industry then I spent another 13 years at a local College as an accounting services officer, I was just about to move up to director when my AVM ruptured. I’m still trying to define my non-working identity…

In AA we say acceptance is the key -you have to surrender to win. To me it is NOT defeat. It is accepting what I cannot change and being determined to change what I can, which is me- my attitudes and outlook. As was said earlier, “And now what?”

1 Like

They also say “ it’s that simple, but it’s not that easy”. Also true in this case.

1 Like