What would you guys choose between or have a balance between health and job?

I just have Cyberknife surgery on my right eye AVM…I just hope my AVM will disappear after several years and my eye-sight wil not be affected. but the problem is that I am now working as a junior auditor and I need to face a lot of numbers everyday. My right eye 's condition is not very good due to my AVM and this annoyed me and affected my working performance. Heavy workload in Auditing makes me worry about that my AVM bleeding will get worse. I don’t know if I should change my job but my present job(in Pricewaterhousecoopers) is just a great opportunity… What would you guys choose between or have a balance between health and job?

Hi, Emily- I bet most people would say health before job- you can always find another way to pay the bills. Yet, I would encourage you to consider that you can have both. For many of us, out jobs provide us with a sense of accomplishment that is part of our life. Obviously, if your job puts your life at risk, you should reconsider.

Regarding your eye AVM, I guess I don’t understand why using your eye would increase the risk of a bleed. I can see where you would get headached from eye strain, but reading shouldn’t cause a bleed. Perhaps you can explain why your doctor feels this way?

Anyway- I, too have eyesight issues. I have double-vision because of the AVM bleed. I have glasses where the right lens is fogged out so that i am basically using only my left eye. I also have another pair with the left fogged out so that I can balance the use of the eyes. This has helped significantly with eye strain, which causes many of my headaches.

Whatever choice you make will be the right one. Choose a long life, happy, with lots of people you love around you.

If you are happy doing your work, stick with it. If not or if your job is interfering with your health, there are always other options. Health is most important, definitely. Everything will work out - it always does.

Ben

When my son first had his seizure, I had this ‘opinion’ that my son playing video games with rapid colours and movements had somehow ‘aggravated’ the AVM and therefore that is why he had the seizure. (We had been told that my son’s AVM was in the area of his vision center)
I asked our neurosurgeon about my “theory” and he said it had absolutely nothing to do with his seizure. It was just a co-incidence that he had it at the same time as he was playing Guitar Hero on expert. lol He said my theory did not make medical sense and that my son should go back to his video gaming.
I would say for you to get a really good ophthamologist and go for an eye exam and ask the eye doctor your questions. Or go back to your neuro and tell them your concerns.
I think you will know if your job is too much for your eyes and brain to handle and when that time comes, you will know what to do.

Thanks for your guys’ useful comments , I feel better and know what I should do. I will have a balance between my heath and work. I will fight for my future and don’t easily give up until I have to.

Hello Emily. Please do not forget to check with your opthamologist and neuro-and listen-always-to you. Be good to you. Take care of you. You are in my prayers.