What’s everyone’s hobbies, passions & interests?

Mine’s making & listening to music, books & journalling.

I want to travel the world & learn how to swim

5 Likes

I’ve gotten into geneology although it’s not professional. However I traced my lineage back to the shores of Donegal, Ireland. There’s actually ruins of a castle that bear my family name! Really glad to have the flexibility to do that research.

5 Likes

I’ve taken up drawing and painting in retirement. Somehow, I won second prize in a local art exhibition this evening :exploding_head:

Passions? I like showing a bit of love for the average person. I’d say you guys see me do this here.

5 Likes

I have so much respect for you folks , music, geneology and I’ve admired all of DickD’s work that I have seen. My hobbies are certainly not that cerebral, but I am very fortunate to be able to do triathlons. I was always active and did my first triathlon a year after my bleed, and am hooked! Lots of benefits, but does help me “out run the dark” so to speak.

6 Likes

@JD12 if I could I’d run but at this point I only run when I’m running from something or to someone (my wife!). Cheers on the continuity of our lives!

2 Likes

I have HHT and I’m fortunate my pulmonary AVMs have been mostly treated and my cerebral AVMs have not bled. I work full-time as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a very busy hospital. I’d love to have time to pursue my hobbies, but am so exhausted after work, the only thing I mostly have energy to do is cook a healthy dinner - I love to cook, so I guess it’s my only hobby right now, but I do grow my own herbs. I’m about 2 years from retirement and have plans to nurture the creative hobbies of my younger years - painting, drawing, knitting and crocheting.

2 Likes

I’m a big music lover too. I have a very wide taste in styles/genres and there’s always music playing in my house. I played the viola when I was little younger and was in an (amateur) orchestra. I still play at home sometimes but nothing more. I’ve handed the playing baton over to my daughter who does classical and acoustic guitar. I’m an avid reader, especially of crime novels and thrillers, and I do cross-stitch kits. I have a husband and teenagers and they take up a lot of my time. And I work long hours so to be honest don’t really have time for much else.

1 Like

I’m really interested in fashion however due to my AVM being on my body and getting considerably larger since It was diagnosed, it has changed what I can wear so now I’m more of an observer of fashion rather than a participant lol. I’m also interested in nail art related things. All the girly mumbo jumbo lol. But other than that, I just enjoy appreciating the little things in life that most people take for granted. A day without pain, anxiety, stress, a day where I get a random good mood, are a million times better to me in my personal opinion than any hobby or interest I have :blush:

I like fashion too. I wouldn’t mind being a fashion model. As well as a music producer & rapper. I also want to do something for domestic violence/abuse, bullying & mental health.

1 Like

@HealthIsWealth that’s a heck of a list!

It made me laugh a bit: I quite fancy being a fashion model myself. There are several “buts” in my case, though! More than several! :rofl:

1 Like