What do you think, any experiences?

I found this page:

https://www.caring.com/articles/12-foods-super-healing

No. 6 of the super foods is for example spinach.

"Why Spinach Is a Super-Healing Food

You already knew spinach was good for you, but did you know just how good? Spinach protects against eye disease and vision loss; it's good for brain function; it guards against colon, prostate, and breast cancers; it protects against heart disease, stroke, and dementia; it lowers blood pressure; it's anti-inflammatory; and it's great for bone health. Spinach has an amazing array of nutrients, including high amounts of vitamin K, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, and iron".

I think this i pretty interesting, if eating some special kind of food can help/increase the chance - in my case - getting my lost vison back, or help prevent side effects now and in the future..

I don´t know so much about this but thought I would share :-) So what do you think??

Allan :-)

Hi Allan - I’m glad to see someone else discussing food as a means of healing. I believe strongly in the healing powers of food. Since learning about my daughters AVM we have removed sugar (all added sugar with a few small exceptions. Brown rice sugar and maple syrup are the only acceptable ones) from her diet because I believe the inflammation it causes in your body and brain can’t help matters. I figure that if I’m wrong, worst thing that happens is she’s healthier. As for overall healing, we went to see a macrobiotic counselor. His name is Denny Waxman, www.dennywaxman,com. When we went to see him he was doing a Skype consultation with someone in London, so if exploring a healing diet, he might be worth an hour of your time. We have implemented some of what he discussed with us but not all. It’s too restricting for an 11 year old. I think diet is the one thing we have control over and I do believe that staying away from “blood thinning foods” is a good idea, too. I wrote those words in quotations because there is no such thing as blood thinning foods, they’re actually anti-coagulants so they have a thinning effect. If you don’t mind me asking, what led to the blindness, a rupture or treatment? Best of luck to you.

Hey Familifirst. Thanks for your reply :-) In my case the embolization of AVM i right occipatal lobe was the reason for my blind spot, left visionfield on bouth eyes. It has been like this for 1,5 month now, so there is still hope for it to return. I also got a GK treatment this Monday, and also put in preventive treatment with steroids cause of potentiel edema. So my next step in action against my AVM is to be healthy, and if any type of food can help in the healing proces..., I will go for that as well :-)

Hope all is well with your daughter :-)