Weight

i have gained way too much weight since the crash! Although my Trainer insists that’s a 40-something dilemma Not an AVM side effect! Any thoughts/suggestions? Previously I was, as my MD claims, 20pounds under-weight, I thought I was skinny!! I think I have gained 30 or 40 pounds! Lost all willpower! Must be a RIGHT BRAIN TRAIT:)
be kind,
Nicole

I’m 43. In the past 4 years, my weight has gone from 125 to 115 then climbed up to 150,and now I’m at 135. At one point, I was at dance class 2-3 times per week and still gaining weight. All this was before I was diagnosed in April (no bleed).

The down to 115 was not a healthy look for me–I lost the weight due to stress. For me, the extra weight is an “over 40” thing.

It’s probably not an actual side effect, but it doesn’t mean the AVM didn’t contribute to it.

I actually lost weight since my AVM incident. Before it I weighed over 100 kilos and growing. After it ruptured, I lost 10 kilos while in hospital, and then slowly lost another 10 over the last few years.

Hello Nicole my friend, I hope you are well!! As I was in hospital for almost 3 mths, naturally, I lost a lot of weight-2 clothes sizes! Then, when my husband told me to ‘leave’, I lost another clothes size, so I was too skinny. Now, I notice that I am putting on a little weight, which is good. The sizes here are different than in the US…before surgery, I was a size 14 = a little over weight.
When I came home, I was a size 12 = just right for my height. I then went down to a size 8 = too skinny, and now, almost on a size 10 = not too bad, just a little underweight! I am a left brainer …so who knows? LOL. Take care & stay in touch. xx

Thanks, that helps some I guess because the weight was so managable in my 30’s I didn’t ever imagine that 40 would cause such a problem, I guess I never put much thought into it, and now in this perplexed condition it is so hard to wrap my proverbial brain around not eating when my stomach is growling! but thanks for the 40+ heads up

When I got out of the hospital, after 3 months, I had lost over 30 lbs. I was happy as a pig in shi* (it was the easiest weight loss plan ever!) Are you on any medication? A few months after I got home my doctor prescribed Zoloft for depression/anxiety. I gained back those 30 lbs plus a few more. That was a side effect I didn’t know about. So, if you’re on any medication, check with your doctor to see if that could be contributing to the weight gain. I’m 40 something myself and that definitely has a lot to do with it. It’s much harder to lose the weight now. I’ve dropped 15lbs but I still have a ways to go. But still, we’re heavier, but we’re still here! It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.