We Walked for AVM Awareness!

The walk was great!!! Albeit a tad cold and a little wet. It was still a wonderful event and I want to thank TAAF (with a special thanks to Angela) and Sports Basement for being so wonderful with putting this all together and giving us an opportunity to raise money and awareness for this rare condition. The AVM Survivors Network team raised over $10,000 for this cause! Go Team!!!

Josh and I were very excited to meet our AVM friends/family on Saturday night, and then walking with them today. Ivanna, Doug, Nich, Matt, Kim, Dan, Justin, Jaclyn, Scott, Margie, Greg, Serene, Camellia, Jane, Mary, Greg’s nephew & fiance and Margie’s friend (sorry I forgot your names,) Jaimee & TJ and ALL of their blue hat supporters, Carolyn & her brother, as well as my family; Taryn, Jason, Jan, Dave, Pam, AK, Billy, Glenda, Trina, Kevin, Summer & Reese… thanks to everyone who came out this weekend to make this event memorable and to support and celebrate our “brainers!” This will be a memorable weekend for me and I have appreciated all of the support and friendship from everyone!

Click HERE for a slideshow of pictures from this weekend. I will be uploading additional pictures as I get them from the other walkers (I already stole some from Nich!) So check back in a week or so to see more pics of this wonderful group of people.

The weekend went by so quickly and I’m sad that it is over! I can’t begin to explain how important it has been to make these connections with other AVMers. And I know you all feel the same way. We share a bond from an unfortunate situation, but a special bond just the same.

If you look very closely you can see the Golden Gate was the backdrop for our walk!

And of course I hope that others who attended the walk will post their pics on this thread as well!!!

Shalon

Well done all of you! Wish I could have been there!

Wish I were there. Glad to hear that you all had a nice time, despite the weather. Bummed that I didn’t order a t-shirt–love it.
S

Wow, that is so awesome. It would have been so nice to meet others that have gone through similar things. The t-shirts look great too!

Matt and I wish that we could have been there. It brought tears to my eyes to see Matt’s name on the back of so many shirts, it was like we were there. I get so many questions and comments when I wear my shirt, thanks to everyone for all your support and for all that you do here.

Shalon,
Congrats to all of you who went! I wish I could have made it to the walk. On another note . . . Love the T- shirt (they came out great!!) Could we order some more? Thanks & have a great day.
Toni Perez

You are so awesome to step out and do so much for awareness. Your quit the roll model missy.
I wish I could have been there. Work work work work.
Be good I’ll be watching for the continued info.

Ahhh…thanks David and everyone else! But really I didn’t do much except get the Tshirts and show up for the walk! It was a great day though and meeting all of the people from our group that were able to make it…priceless. And we all KNOW that we are a super cool group of people, but meeting these guys in person, well it just reinforced to me that this website is a wonderful family and I am so glad to be a part of it!

WELL DONE to everyone who participated, organised, raised funds and was JUST THERE. Matt’s on his way back to the UK now, i cant wait to find out how it all went. I am so pleased that we got Matt out to america, in fact it feels strange not organising any events now for the fundraising ! I wish i could have been there, but maybe next time. Lots of love to you all, you are so very special xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ah, i wish i was there. i didn’t know…

Thanks for the pictures, I really enjoyed them.

Peace,
Ameenah

Job well done! Thanks for sharing the pics. The Golden Gate backdrop is awesome! And it was really nice to see Margie’s picture and put a face with a name! We’ve emailed and talked via phone, but its always nice to see a face too. :slight_smile:

Great job on all your efforts!

Wow the pictures looked great. I really wish my family and I could have attended. We are aiming for next year. I’m proud of all that attended the walk. Some time I hope to meet anyone in person, more than just pics and blogs! They are great don’t get me wrong. Shalon thanks for all your hard work, it means more to me and my family than anything else. This really is the best website out there!!!

you did a very good job shalon your devotion to the cause is awesome… thanks for all you do…

great job everyone… congratulations!!!

fantastic!!! wish i could of been but of course with the avm cant get any insurance to cover me in America. all the best

when will there be a walk in florida i hope in a near future

it sounds like it was an outstanding time for you all!
We are planing on making it out next year!

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated in the walk. It’s awesome to know that AVM awareness is being put out there.

Let me know if there are ever any plans for a walk in NM. I can’t walk very far, but I’d roll for it!

BTW - that picture of the Golden Gate Bridge is absolutely beautiful!!

When will we have one when its a little warm next time …Shalon i miss you