We rise by lifting others

Hi Angela! Awesome! I look forward to meeting up soon!

1 Like

Hi becca! Thank you so much for sharing that with all of us! Im hoping all of the Ca survivors can unite and start a chain reaction :slight_smile:

Hi John! Thank you so much!

Hi Cathy! Thank you so much! Im hoping we can start something that’ll reach survivors who are in Southern California as well :slight_smile:

Cathy,
I hear Dr. Khalessi is great! I was living in San Diego (point loma area) last year and was being treated by Dr. Brown at UCSD. I met another survivor who was left with left eye blindness after a craniotomy was performed. Maybe I can connect you two? She is in the bay area.

Hi Tom! I totally get what you’re saying. I plan on making it as easy and straightforward as possible.

I think maybe we could do a live broadcast through the web every set date when the meetings are

1 Like

Thanks Dick! Yes, there are many free platforms we can use. Maybe even periscope?

1 Like

Hi Jo! Yay! Where in the bay area? There is an Avm Aneurysm support group held monthly at UCSF. We have survivors from the easy bay, south bay, and even Sacramento (me) participate.

Hello lifeisgood!

Isnt is such a blessing to see support groups and resources for survivors keep growing? Meetings will take place in granite bay, ca. Right next to Rocklin :slight_smile:

Hi, Jasonlisa1837! I hear great things about Scripps. Although I’ve lived in San Diego for a year, I dont think that was me lol.

A post was split to a new topic: My Details

Thanks Monica
I would really appreciate that - always helps to have someone walking in your shoes …
I also hope we can all work on getting support and help and education to as many as possible suffering from these complex lesions - thx again!

I’ve read about Dr Michael Lawton at barrow institute in Phoenix
Has experience with something like 700-800 avm’s - trained under world renowned Dr Spetzler who recently retired
I’m sending my images and reports to their second opinion service requesting Dr Lawton’s review - I’ll keep you all posted
Next step for me recommended by Dr Khalessi at ucsd is radiosurgery to AVM/fistula feeders
So worrisome and unsure since my vision on left already compromised during embolization

1 Like

Monica - small world - my brother and his family lived in Sacramento for about 12 years - moved in I think 2013. Where abouts are you? I forget the name of the development they were in but they were a couple of miles from where the two highways intersect and very close to the arena…

Hi Cathy!
Great choice in Lawton. He saved my life and does incredible work. I hope that it works out for you. I dont blame you. Meet up with both and see which one you feel more at ease with. Let me know how it all goes!

1 Like

Hi Tom! Wow, small world! It sounds like your brother may live in the Natomas area? Im more in East Sacramento .

Yeah, he did. Small side effect of the embolization - some things in the memory just aint what they used to… what was I saying?? :slight_smile:

They were on Banderas Way - moved to just outside of Joliet Illinois in 2012. We like having them closer though my brother and I both admit we’re different enough that it’s good we don’t live too close. :slight_smile: I love him dearly, I really really do.

Monica,
Thank you that you did not back away from your AVM problem… instead, you are running with it to help others! Nice to see there ARE still decent people on this earth. They are harder to see, but they ARE still around, like YOU!!
Lisa

UCSF? How wonderful! Great place.