Volunteer help.....he cant dp anything

my husband has a cranial avm that is inoperable. he basically cannot do anything except lay in bed or on the couch. we bought a house 11 years ago and the refurbishing of it was going well until he took a turn for the worse. we have the supplies (most of them) but I cant do it all by myself. does anyone know of any organiztions that help people in need? we're both disabled. I just want him happy for as long as he lives. this is terrible. ill do whatever I can. thanks sue

You might want to try Cathlic social ministries! Hope this will help.

You might try Habitat for Humanity. I would also check with any and all local churches.

I do know there are non-profit organizations out there that help people in need but, I don't know the names of them.

I think I would do what Karen suggested and put the word out to your local churches, especially the bigger ones. Someone there may know something or,.. they might even volunteer themselves. Another thought might be to contact your local boy/girl scout troop leader. If you have some simple jobs that need done, they might be able to help you too.

If I lived close to you - I could and would organise a work party for you. I have a lot of friends that I have called upon before and I know I could them to help. Maybe, just maybe, you might know someone like me who knows a lot of people who would be willing to help. Or.. maybe someone you haven't thought of yet, might know someone.

Ben :)

SECrockett, you may wish to join our Caregiver Support Community. There is a link to it in the right hand column of this page. There are lots of other family caregivers there who may have ideas for you.