Visual snow/static

Okay so I am now 9 moths post op and have been experiencing vision that resembles a tv with bad reception. Sometimes when I look at a wall it looks like its shaking. I have also been struggling with my peripheral vision which has seemed to have gotten a lot better ,however it seems to me that there are someday that it may be worse. Am I just imagining this? I went to the optometrists yesterday and explained everything, was put through every eye test ever invented and was told there was nothing wrong with my eyes. Even my peripheral vision was great (mind you it wasn’t one of those days that it seemed worse).
Has anyone experienced this before AVM related or not? I see my neurologist next week and don’t really know how to explain everything without sounding like a loon.

Jillian, I completely understand what you are describing. I lost most of the vision in my left eye due to the bleed. It hasn’t improved at all in 14 months. I also have days where everything looks just “weird”, for lack of a better word. You are not imagining it, but like the eye doctor said, there is nothing wrong with your eyes, the problem is in your brain. My neuro explained it as my brain was not processing what my eyes are seeing the correct way. I also have problems seeing numbers correctly, I have to study them for a long time before I’m comfortable with what I think I’m seeing. You’re definitely not a loon!

And also Jillian, it appears my AVM was in about the same place as yours! We should compare scans someday. It’s encouraging to hear that your vision is improving, I keep hoping mine will as well.

Thanks Trish that makes sence about the brain not processing what i am seeing correctly. funny how the brain works. i really hope your vision improves with a little more time. dont give up.

Trish said:

And also Jillian, it appears my AVM was in about the same place as yours! We should compare scans someday. It’s encouraging to hear that your vision is improving, I keep hoping mine will as well.