Vision

I wrote an email this AM because I was very happy that my sight got better. Someone made me think about what I did to make it better, so I started to think about what did I do?

Then I thought about how I would change my furnature around when I was home from rehab, at least every 6 months, so that I had to look for it in a different spot. Now I don’t know if that’s what made my vision better, but it might be worth a shot!

We saw the effect of Sean’s “Left Side Neglect” yesterday when he took a few steps. The hospital bed on right beside on his left side and did not know it was there. He was asked to get back into the bed but walked straight ahead with it on his left side. Need to do more research

Sean’s Mom

We realized yesterday how Sean’s “Left Side Neglect” effects him. He was taking a few steps
and was told to get back into the hospital bed. The bed was on his left side and he just kept
walking forward not seeing the bed. Had to be guided back to the bed. Does not know what is on his left side unless listens to command to look to left but instead he looks to the right.

Sean’s Mom

Seriously…I don’t think the Doctor’s know that we need to work on our selves to heal! Give it a try with Sean’s. Move things around…see if he can see things in other spots. Give it a try!

By the way, give a big hug and kiss to Sean for me! Louisa

I think Sean’s bed should be moved to the right side so he can see it. But, keep putting things on the left side that he really, really wants so he keeps trying to look on the left side. I pray for Sean every day…Louisa

Thank you for the suggestions.

Hugs and good wishes for you also!!!

Seans Mom

Really Louisa, you moved your furniture? That’s fascinating to me! I think I am like Sean in that I had to train myself to look left. Even the doctors and therapists at the time didn’t know I had vision loss, neither did I. I didn’t realize I couldn’t see until one day in OT there were having me do something on a piece of paper (don’t remember specifically) and I completely missed everything on the left side of the paper. I still sometimes bump in to things on the left because I just don’t see them. It’s still hard to remember to look left, but it has improved a lot since I left the hospital. I’m sure it will be that way with Sean as well. Once he gets used to having to look left, it will get a bit easier for him. Thank you both of the comments, it was very useful to me to hear the term “left side neglect” and to find out what you did Louisa to help yourself! Continued best wishes my friends!

Trish, I was exactly like you with bumping into things on my left side, until I too new I had to turn my head more towards the left to see what was there! I had more bumps in my head than you can imagine! A had a black eye for weeks bumping into the car. But I kept working and working and working on trying to see better in my left side! Plus I changed stuff in my house that made things better! Sean is younger than us…I am sure he wil learn quicker!

Sean was adnmitted to the hospital rehab on October 23rd. We are thrilled he is their rehab.
They were talking about putting him in a rest because they thought he could not handle the intense therapy. He showed his determination to walk with assistance and decided he was
strong enough for rehab.

They are working on his “Left Side Neglect” and walking and other matters.

I thank God constantly for his progress.

Seans Mom

Sean was adnmitted to the hospital rehab on October 23rd. We are thrilled he is their rehab.
They were talking about putting him in a rest home because they thought he could not handle the intense therapy. He showed his determination to walk with assistance and decided he was
strong enough for rehab.

They are working on his “Left Side Neglect” and walking and other matters.

I thank God constantly for his progress.

Seans Mom

We will continue to pray for our Sean boy! He’s strong, he’ll make it! Louisa
Go for it Sean, go for it big boy!

You can do it Nephew… This is great news!!! Sean is a Miracle, A fighter… I am so happy he is in Rehab… Gentle Giant you can do it!!! Aunt Mary Ellen loves you… Sister please get rest when you can. I Love you, The Power of Prayer is strong, Hugs to my Nephew, Thank you all so very much for your support you have given my sister and Sean, God Bless you all. My Prayers are with you all