Vision issues

on june 14th 2007 i when i woke i had lost all my left field vision in both eyes…this is how my avm was discovered…my sight never improved…the doctors told me the avm had killed that part of my brain…and that it would never return… it has been over 2 years now and just over the last week…my left eye has been feeling wierd…almost like a feeling that there is a covering over it…i havent noticed any improvement in the vision …but i was wondering if anyone has experienced any wierd sensations over the part of the eye they can no longer see out of …the feeling seems to only be over the outer part of my left eye where i can no longer see…i am hoping it is a sign that maybe my vision is returning???..any ideas?

Alicia.
My situation is a little different but I also have vision issues. After my bleeds and my surgery due to the brain damage I have an issue with everything in the middle part of my vision field being blurry. It seems to get worse at times. I can see everything up close and everything far away but everything in between is blurry. (Strange, I know) The Dr’s can’t explain it except to say that it is brain damage. My eye Dr thought my brain might adjust but eventually put me in prism to draw my eyes in and now I have to wear glasses.
Last year, however, after wearing these glasses for 10 years, everytime I put them on and tried to wear them I would throw up. I cannot wear them any longer and do not need them for the most part now. The only time I have to wear them is when I have one of my migraines or a spell with my head.
I cannot explain it and neither can the Dr’s (they kind of treated me like I was crazy!! AGAIN!!)
I cannot say that whatever the problem was that it has healed itself but I can go without them alot of the time now and it is nice since all along I have had 20/20 vision. Until I go back and retake the vision part of my driving exam, I am supposed to wear them when I drive but I just hope until I get that done and passed that I do not get stopped.
Our brains are funny things that no one knows what it can do, so maybe, just maybe it is a good sign. I know that I never thought I would be able to go without glases again and the eye Dr. told me I would never come out of them because of the prism. I proved them wrong, for now at least. It has been ver a year now and I have only had to wear them rarely.

Alicia, my aunt also had a bleed due to an AVM almost 5 years ago. She lost most of her vision in both eyes. Then one day about 4 months ago, she fell and bonked her head and now she can see perfectly. Her eyesight actually improved from what it was pre-bleed. I lost most of my vision in the left eye and after a little over a year there has been no change. Yes, the brain is a mysterious thing. I do hope that what you’re experiencing is a good sign! Then you can tell me how you did it! Good luck!

Hi Alicia,

My vision after my surgery is a mixed bag. While I can see better with my left eye, the vision in my right eye has gotten worse.

But with all the love that you give everyone on this site, I hope the sensations you are feeling are a good sign.

All the best,

Debbie

I never lost my sight but I did have some problems with my vision, especially in the months immediately post surgical. I also had the experience that I felt like I had a film covering my right eye (the eye I was supposedly to lose vision out of). It did go away, and pretty much stays away as long as I keep my stress levels down (stress is what activates my symptoms). Perhaps it could be a sign of healing :slight_smile: We can always hope!

Trish,
What I have read is that AVM’s are not hereditary, did your family find it odd that you and your aunt both had AVM’s?? That is wonderful about her vision!!! Is she still doing well with that? I hope you are doing well also!
Marie

Trish said:

Alicia, my aunt also had a bleed due to an AVM almost 5 years ago. She lost most of her vision in both eyes. Then one day about 4 months ago, she fell and bonked her head and now she can see perfectly. Her eyesight actually improved from what it was pre-bleed. I lost most of my vision in the left eye and after a little over a year there has been no change. Yes, the brain is a mysterious thing. I do hope that what you’re experiencing is a good sign! Then you can tell me how you did it! Good luck!