Video EEG

Hi all. I have asked this particular question on My Epilepsy Team site. Got a few answers. I am supposed to have one and wondered if anyone else on this site has had one. If you have did they take you off all of your medications once in the hospital? Did they wean you off or just stop them? How long did it take for you to have a seizure? How long did it take your medicine to get back in your system before they let you go. My husband is freaking out about me doing this. It’s the only way to be able to tell where the seizure activity is located. I thought that it must be in the area where my AVM is, but the doctor thinks it could be anywhere. I was referred to Emory from my local neurologist.
I have tried multiple medications and am on 3 different ones currently. I still have break through seizures. Any answers would be appreciated.

Hi Melissa,

My experience has been that my neuro team is unable to pinpoint exactly where the seizures are coming from, even though the avm was on the right parietal side of my brain. I was told to continue my medication throughout the two day veeg, but they found no seizure activity. Post veeg, my neurologist suggested that the seizures I had may be psychogenic non-epileptic seizures(PNES), which surprises me. I’m currently on 350mg of lametrogine ER.