Vanderbilt Nashville TN?

I am in Clarksville and will be seen by Dr Mocco of Vanderbilt… Anyone else been seen at Vanderbilt nuero? Smile…

Hey Misti, I just sent you a friend request. We have a facebook group called Tennessee avm survivors. Here is the link, ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■. Our group's purpose is to share information, and plan get togethers. Most of us have been treated in Nashville, and a handful at vanderbilt. If you do not wish to join the group, I can ask them to look for your post on here. I think almost everyone from our group is apart of this site as well. Wishing you the best!

Melissa

Thanks!!! I’ll look for it… Smile

Hi Misti,

I'm currently being seen at Vanderbilt Neurosurgery Clinic. I feel like I'm in good hands there. I live in the Knoxville area. I'm scheduled to have embolization surgery at Vandy in two weeks.

Hannah

Hello you both, I am curious how your experiences at Vanderbilt went as I am in the process of finding a new doctor and live in Knox.

Hi Monetus,

We live in Knoxville too. I ended up @ Vanderbilt because there was not a neurotologist in Knox and I was directed there before landing at the neurosurgery clinic. My experience at Vanderbilt was top notch. I was pleased with the medical care, outcome of surgery and treatment I received as a patient. One thing to consider is that Vanderbilt is a teaching hospital, so whenever you have a procedure, there are often teams of people around observing or participating in your care, which can be a little bit intimidating. On the bright side, that means some of the best and brightest doctors are looking at your case in tandem. I felt confident about my experience and would recommend the clinic and doctor who treated me.

Great experience at Vanderbilt. My surgeon was Kyle Weaver. He removed a Cavernous Malformation via Craniotomy in March of 2013

I believe this is an old thread, but in case anyone is still researching, Dr. Rohan Chitale at Vanderbilt in Nashville is an incredible neurosurgeon. He operated on hubby's spinal fistula in June 2016 and we could not be more pleased at his attention and care. After experiencing another hospital in another state that could not find the cause of the spinal edema (unsuccessful angiogram), Dr. Chitale found the DAVF on spine (type 1) and a brain fistula as well. We are still discussing treatment options for the brain fistula. Please be assured you could not find a neurosurgeon who is more kind and patient and answers EVERY question no matter how trivial. He has even called me from the operation room to discuss findings in addition to seeing me after the procedure/surgery.