Uterine AVM and miscarriage

Hello,

I am currently undergoing treatment and am a bit worried for the future. Long story short it was discovered after a miscarriage, several complications, and attempts at medication and a surgery they discovered I have Uterine AVM. I currently am on medciation trying to get the bleeding to stop, but they fear they might have no choice but to go in and do another surgery to remove the tissue. The problem is they stated if they do, they have a high chance of hitting the viens I will end up having a historectmy. I am only 27, and this scares me. I have two boys already and even after losing my 3rd, I still want more.

Has anyone else had this, got the bleeding to stop, and had a child?

I am sorry about the loss of your baby. I did a search for you…http://www.avmsurvivors.org/main/search/search?q=Uterine+AVM click on the link. I seem to recall there was a thread with a woman who had a uterine AVM and was able to have a successful pregnancy. Also, go to groups at the top of this page and click in it. There is a Pregnancyandavm sub- group there. Best wishes!

Thank you very much. I appreciate the info.

I had a uterine avm which was dx after losing our son @20 weeks when my water broke. It is possible. Mine was determined to be a congenital AVM. I had embolization via uterine coils.