Update

Just letting you all know that my appointment didn’t quite go as planned with the doctor on Wednesday. She told me there was a ‘blip’ in my EEG - she didn’t actually use the word Eplilepsy and I’ve had no seizures but she wants to keep me on dilantin just in case.
I was a little annoyed because all my previous scans were clear but she said that sometimes these things can develop after the brain has settled down (whatever that means).
So I have to have another EEG and MRI within 6 months and see her again in May.
Other than that, she showed me the MRI scans and it was hard to spot where the scarring from the crainiotomy and the angiogram are so I guess that’s good.

That is pretty good. I’m so glad your doing so well. On my scans I have lots of scaring from the crainiotomy…I guess because I have had 2. But I’m so glad to hear your good news! YAY!

Hi, Hannah-
I had blips, too. They diagnosed them as myoclonic siezures. They are similar to the ‘night jerks’ many get before they fall asleep. They are NOT epilepsy. They go up & down in frequency. I take chlonazepam.

WOW! WELL I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU COULD BE UP SET WITH UR RESULTS. I KNOW YOU HAD HIGH HOPE’S. BUT, AT LEAST THAT’S ALL YOU HAVE. AND IF YOU ONLY HAVE TO TAKE DILANTIN AND NEVER HAVE ANY SEIZURE’S…I CONSIDER YOU VERY LUCKY. A SEIZURE IS THE WORST THING YOU COULD EVER HAVE. AT LEAST THE ONE’S I HAVE. LIKE YOU SAID THE LAST EEG’S YOU HAVE HAD HAD NO BLIPS SO, IT’S NOT CONCRETE NEWS THAT YOU DO HAVE SCARRING THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE YOU TO HAVE SEIZURES. JUST KEEP HAVING FAITH. THAT’S ALL WE CAN DO.