*update*~*?*

So . . . since my diagnosis on May 26th I FINALLY saw my neurologist again yesterday. Increased my dosage on Keppra and cant drive until December :frowning: The surgeon I was originally referred too saw my scans and he wont touch me! So was referred to a much bigger hospital, Emory University. The neurologist says my AVM is very large (whatever that means) and fairly deep (once again whatever that means). My question is has anyone ever had problems in the left occipital lobe? If so what were your options or did you have any? I go meet the surgeon on July 6th!! Seems SOOOO far away!!!

Are you going to see Dr. Dan Barrow??? I was going to suggest you drive down to Emory anyways. I hate to say it but AVMs are so rare that most neurosurgeons are not equipped to deal with them. Emory Univ. is one of the top places in this country that knows how to treat AVMs correctly. Good luck!

Barbara emailed EXACTLY what I would have said…you need the best…go for it…Good Luck!

Yes Dr. Barrow is the doctor I was referred too! He sounds AMAZING!!!

Please keep us informed!

Mrs. Dodson said:

Yes Dr. Barrow is the doctor I was referred too! He sounds AMAZING!!!

Good Luck!!! It sounds like your on the right track, getting a great doctor. Stay positive!!