Update on my mom- 97days later

I posted periodically about my moms initial AVM repair on 4/29 and complications after. She spent 80 days in ICU then we was on our way to Madonna rehab in Lincoln, NE. She spent 10 days at Madonna and I finally saw light at the end of this dark tunnel. She was doing so well. Day 11 in rehab she suffered seizures and I feel like I’m in Groundhog Day and now we’re back to square one. We’re not from Nebraska, and she was transport to a subpar hospital with subpar treatment but anyways we’re now back at Madonna for a second time. She had a bronchoscopy for collapsed lung and is back on the vent (has trach). So now more time. Doctors say they want to see where she is in 3-6 months before making palliative care decisions. I’m just shook. Like she was FaceTiming me one day now can’t even barely speak the next. I can’t imagine how she’s feeling, I wish I could take her pain away

3 Likes

My thoughts are with you and your mom. Take Care, John

1 Like

@Avmdaughter I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know in seniors it can take time to reinflate . One week both my grandpa and dad were in the same hospital for collapsed lungs. My grandpa had fallen in the tub and my dad had fallen off an 11 foot ladder.
I pray she can recover from her seizures. Have they done an MRI to check her brain?
Angela

1 Like

Did they have seizures medications after operation?

1 Like

She had seizures while she was at KU and was stable but when she was in rehab I found a hole in her feeding tube I think contributed to her second set of seizures. It’s now repaired

1 Like

They did a CT and said it all looked ok.

1 Like